Pagan's Mind and Shadow Gallery?

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

prog_powermetal99

Pagan's Mind and Shadow Gallery?

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:48 pm

Does anyone know if it's official if Pagan's Mind and Shadow Gallery broke up?
I'm going to say yes, only because it's been a gazzillion years since either have released anything and haven't seen any youtube videos regarding anything they are working on. Anyone know anything different?

Dusty

Locust0311

Re: Pagan's Mind and Shadow Gallery?

Post by Locust0311 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:34 pm

re: Pagan's Mind, I listened to an interview with Jørn Viggo Lofstad the other day and he said they had enough material for an album. The hold up is that a couple band members basically can't be in the same room with one another and they've all agreed that the band only continues with all of them on board. He said they were going to try to meet to sort out whatever the issue is, but until it gets resolved nothing is going to happen. In the meantime he's got another project lined up to start recording soon.

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:09 am

Locust0311 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:34 pm
re: Pagan's Mind, I listened to an interview with Jørn Viggo Lofstad the other day and he said they had enough material for an album. The hold up is that a couple band members basically can't be in the same room with one another and they've all agreed that the band only continues with all of them on board. He said they were going to try to meet to sort out whatever the issue is, but until it gets resolved nothing is going to happen. In the meantime he's got another project lined up to start recording soon.
Damn that's depressing. I hope they get it worked out and start making music together again. They're probably my favorite powerprog band.

Digital Man

Post by Digital Man » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:34 pm

There has been nothing official about SG as far as I know. At one point someone was talking about them being done on Facebook and one of the members, Gary I think, replied that they are NOT done yet. My guess is that Gary's house and recording studio burning down has a lot to do with the long delay. So I'm hopeful they're not done yet.