This is your brain on guitar...
Bandcamp >
CDBaby >
Soundcloud >
Spotify >

Hearing Aid Man

Re: Black Fate - “Ithaca” - 10/23

Post by Hearing Aid Man » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:00 pm

The more I listen to this band's stuff, the more their melodies always sink in with me.

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:31 am

Ahhh, hell yeah. I love these folks. Good single.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:06 am

I didn't love the previous two discs, and I doubt I ever heard the first one from before Vasilis joined the band, as I thought they were both a lesser copy-cat of Conception's "Parallel Minds" style (perhaps infused with some early Khan-Kamelot). But I did love the Sunburst album that Vasilis ande Gus Drax did (was this only a one-off side project?), which had a harder approach, but still featured Vasilis' wonderful Khan-inspired vocals. Well, this song here is good, borderlining great! There's some serious early Conception worship going on ("Parallel Minds" / "In Your Multitude") but it's done really well, and considering that the reunited Conception is playing a completely different style from that nowadays, I think there might be room for this, even in my old stubborn heart lol
Claus Jensen

venidominefan

Post by venidominefan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:35 am

introclaus wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:06 am
But I did love the Sunburst album that Vasilis ande Gus Drax did (was this only a one-off side project?), which had a harder approach, but still featured Vasilis' wonderful Khan-inspired vocals.
In March of this year there was a post on their Facebook page about Gus recording for the new album so you and me both can hope there is a new Sunburst soon.
This is your brain on guitar...
Bandcamp >
CDBaby >
Soundcloud >
Spotify >

Hearing Aid Man

Post by Hearing Aid Man » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:37 pm

Sunburst finished quite high for my yearly rankings when it came out.
Innosense - Outcast was a mighty fine CD for me as well. Believe it was the same vocalist.

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:52 pm

venidominefan wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:35 am
introclaus wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:06 am
But I did love the Sunburst album that Vasilis ande Gus Drax did (was this only a one-off side project?), which had a harder approach, but still featured Vasilis' wonderful Khan-inspired vocals.
In March of this year there was a post on their Facebook page about Gus recording for the new album so you and me both can hope there is a new Sunburst soon.
Oh that's also excellent news. That Sunburst disc is a beast start to finish.

Locust0311

Post by Locust0311 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:28 pm

3 thoughts on this since it dropped last week....

1. It **really** scratches that classic, Parallel Minds/In Your Multitude Conception itch as others have mentioned, with a hint of the more guitar hero antics of Kamelot

2. I didn't think it was possible for Vasilis to be more indistinguishable from Khan, but he's achieved it here. I mean that as a compliment too. He (and whole band) sound *amazing*

3. If I did an end of year list this would likely end up pretty high on it

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:00 pm

Damn...I completely forgot to order this! Gonna fix that now.

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:36 pm

Hopefully someone can give me a lead so I can purchase. This is much like the last album that it's super hard to find a vendor. Amazon listed this as today for release but looks like their sold out and I don't see it on Kens site. You'd think a band would make it easy to take my money...

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:45 pm

Random Axe wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:36 pm
Hopefully someone can give me a lead so I can purchase. This is much like the last album that it's super hard to find a vendor. Amazon listed this as today for release but looks like their sold out and I don't see it on Kens site. You'd think a band would make it easy to take my money...
I ordered it from here:
https://shop.rockshots.eu/en/cd/1742-bl ... thaca.html

And even at 20.49 euro that was cheaper than I could get it in USD from amazon. Steep price for a single disc.

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:18 pm

This disc is really endearing itself into my soul ....... if you are missing that Conception meets Kamelot sound with an emphasis on Khan, look no further. This is absolutely stellar in every sense. I was listening to Conception / In Your Multitude the other day and pining for those days .... so I took this out and played it about 3 times through.....this is Khan resurrected with Conception songs mixed in with Kamelot songs ..... a fantastic combination.

I feel like I've been transported back about 20 years listening to this disc forgetting its not Conception ...... if Khan doesn't want to sing for me, this guy can any day of the week .......don't believe it ??

Check this out and come on back ........

https://www.metalkingdom.net/videos/bla ... udio-15799

This disc is seriously overlooked if you are missing old Conception ...........

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:52 pm

LarryD wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:18 pm
This disc is really endearing itself into my soul ....... if you are missing that Conception meets Kamelot sound with an emphasis on Khan, look no further. This is absolutely stellar in every sense. I was listening to Conception / In Your Multitude the other day and pining for those days .... so I took this out and played it about 3 times through.....this is Khan resurrected with Conception songs mixed in with Kamelot songs ..... a fantastic combination.

I feel like I've been transported back about 20 years listening to this disc forgetting its not Conception ...... if Khan doesn't want to sing for me, this guy can any day of the week .......don't believe it ??

Check this out and come on back ........

https://www.metalkingdom.net/videos/bla ... udio-15799

This disc is seriously overlooked if you are missing old Conception ...........
You’re officially so old you can’t even count ... 20 years would only bring you back to a time when conception were no more ... if you’re talking about “in your multitude” you’ll have to go back 25.

Yeah, this is a great mid-period conception wannabe :) The sound of “in your multitude” and “parallel minds” is nearly captured here for sure. As much as I like both of those, I love new (“flow” and forward) so being able to get both worlds is great.
Claus Jensen

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:35 am

Random Axe wrote:
****Check both Ken and Amazon. Last time I checked they both had it if you haven't already ...........at the very least, Amazon has the MP3 download.

LASERCD

Post by LASERCD » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:56 am

LarryD wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:35 am
Random Axe wrote:
****Check both Ken and Amazon. Last time I checked they both had it if you haven't already ...........at the very least, Amazon has the MP3 download.
We sold out quickly but unfortunately so did the US distributor. Waiting for them to restock.