Disforia - The Age of Ether

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Psychotic Symphony

Disforia - The Age of Ether

Post by Psychotic Symphony » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:29 am

I did my obligatory search-and-see-if-mentioned-band and found nothing. For those of you who like current DGM progpower style should hear the mighty Disforia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPf9__GnbfI

Judicator frontman John Yelland is excellent and if you've never heard him he is definitely inspired by Hansi Kursch but with an overall smoother delivery.
So -that's- where the humidifier went.

introclaus

Re: Disforia - The Age of Ether

Post by introclaus » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:32 pm

Psychotic Symphony wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:29 am
I did my obligatory search-and-see-if-mentioned-band and found nothing. For those of you who like current DGM progpower style should hear the mighty Disforia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPf9__GnbfI

Judicator frontman John Yelland is excellent and if you've never heard him he is definitely inspired by Hansi Kursch but with an overall smoother delivery.
Been listening to this today - it's a nice album somewhere between Blind Guardian and Symphony X (so yeah, DGM would be an okay comparison I guess). The song writing does show it's a debut though as it could be a bit "sharper" here and there, but definitely a good solid listen. Could be interesting to see where they'd be at today (this album is 6 years old now).

I'm much more excited about John's main band though ...
Claus Jensen

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:04 pm

THis is really solid. Not sure how this will hold up after repeated listens but my initial cursory experience is good.

David D

Post by David D » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:36 pm

Heard 2 songs.....and immediately bought it.

this is really original, heavy keyboards, quality singing that is very smooth, though the overall combination is what makes it standout for me. sounds like Yes or Styx on steroids with power metal thrown in, and some growling!!!

great recommendation!!