introclaus

Re: New POS tune...

Post by introclaus » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:19 pm

Hearing Aid Man wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:17 pm
From the upcoming 8/28 Panther cd.

Different...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QKmOJl4GXQ
Love the song - purchased this morning and listened to it 20-30 times by now. Only problem is the very disturbing video... I know Daniel has always been very much a megalomaniac but no one needs to see an almost 50 year old half naked man prancing around no matter how “cut” he is.
Claus Jensen

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:25 pm

Sounds like hot anal garbage. Pretty much sums up everything from them for me beyond Remedy Lane. I just don't get them ...at all. I thought Perfect Element was pure genius, Remedy Lane was okay and then they just fall off a cliff to my ears. Daniel is so freakin talented, and it now appears he's only interested in experimentation and going to all avante garde, highbrow concept, elitist, surrealistic fuckery. As an audience, as a whole, people can like and appreciate evolution, not unpredictability. It just pisses me off to see all that songwriting talent being used for nefarious purposes. I'm surprised I haven't heard a scat and spoons breakdown yet.

This comes from a former fan...It's sad but PoS really has become a PoS to me.

Nos

Post by Nos » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:43 pm

Random Axe wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:25 pm
PoS really has become a PoS to me.
At least you were the one to say it....

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:08 pm

Nos wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:43 pm
Random Axe wrote:
PoS really has become a PoS to me.
At least you were the one to say it....
Luckily your opinion doesn’t matter as you’re a moron that needs to go away!
Claus Jensen

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:14 pm

Random Axe wrote:
Sounds like hot anal garbage. Pretty much sums up everything from them for me beyond Remedy Lane. I just don't get them ...at all. I thought Perfect Element was pure genius, Remedy Lane was okay and then they just fall off a cliff to my ears. Daniel is so freakin talented, and it now appears he's only interested in experimentation and going to all avante garde, highbrow concept, elitist, surrealistic fuckery. As an audience, as a whole, people can like and appreciate evolution, not unpredictability. It just pisses me off to see all that songwriting talent being used for nefarious purposes. I'm surprised I haven't heard a scat and spoons breakdown yet.

This comes from a former fan...It's sad but PoS really has become a PoS to me.
I loved the first 4 albums, then kind of lost them with “Be”, “12:5” (why ruin perfectly good songs like that?) and wasn’t loving “scarsick” either. However, the two “Road salt” albums (that everyone seem to hate) were magnificent in my opinion, and showed a band not afraid of trying something new. Well, they ruined that with the last one (“In the passing light of day”) as it sounded like a band trying really hard to regain their old school fan base, and the album sucked in my opinion. I still bought it and I took it out for a spin yesterday in anticipation of the new single - still think it sucks. This new single I really like though - very emotional, yet heavy. It has a kind of Katatonia vibe to it which obviously is a hit with me.
Claus Jensen

Norén

Post by Norén » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:40 pm

Great one. Finally back to the PoS sound that I love. And fun to see Lars Ardarve who has created lots of stuff for the band, not only producing, but also acting acting in the video. Thumbs up!
CD ARTWORK -> www.progart.com

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:39 pm

Everyone sing along!

Getting used to crap
Getting used to crap
Getting...used...to

Getting used to shit
getting used to shit
Getting...used...to

Daniel's trying
so damn hard to sound clever
Will he get there?
My guess is neverrrrrrr

Sorry, it just came to me on my lunch break. In all seriousness, with each album since Perfect Element Part 1 I've been hoping for part 2 and of course we never got it, and it's been two decades. I'm guessing its not going to ever happen.

AllMediaReviews

Post by AllMediaReviews » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:33 pm

Scarsick was considered TPE Part 2 I guess, although I'm pretty sure it's not what Daniel originally had envisioned per it was to come out after TPE 1 and have some specific orchestra they never got to work with, per would have had to wait a few years to use, which delayed it and had him focus on Remedy Lane and then Be after that.

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:46 pm

I didn't hate it nor did I think it was very good. PoS joins the heap of "bands that aren't worth it in 2020 for me."

Packgrog

Post by Packgrog » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:55 pm

Musically seems like the most interesting thing they've done since Remedy Lane. Not really saying much for me, sadly. I'm definitely in that "first 4 albums or bust" camp.

As far as the video... Image

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:08 pm

Packgrog wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:55 pm
As far as the video... Image
Right!??! What the heck was he thinking? No one needs to see an almost 50 year old man showing off his (albeit, impressive) abs.
Claus Jensen

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:10 pm

Why don't I have the slightest desire to even check this out ? :cry:

Packgrog

Post by Packgrog » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:19 pm

I mean, OK Dan, you're fit. Bravo. Most of your fans are straight dudes. Not really going to do much for you there.

And wasn't one of his more recent videos mostly Dan naked and/or making out with some woman that wasn't his wife? I dunno. Every time I try newer PoS it just turns me off, be it subject matter or the music itself. Meh.

To be faaaaaaiiiir, it's been 18 years since they released something that I genuinely enjoyed, so whatever. Just not for me.

sabatar

Post by sabatar » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:10 am

Packgrog wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:19 pm
Most of your fans are straight dudes.
LOL how do you?

sabatar

Post by sabatar » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:11 am

I thought it was decent and promising. The absence of soloing is worrying though.

Hearing Aid Man

Post by Hearing Aid Man » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:58 am

Another tune...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkU564t ... e=youtu.be

Even more different.

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:01 am

Hearing Aid Man wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:58 am
Another tune...

Even more different.
As if the first turd didn't taste bad enough now they serve a reheated one with corn and peanuts inside. I'd rather Daniel retired to make corporate jingles

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:31 am

Random Axe wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:01 am
Hearing Aid Man wrote:
Another tune...

Even more different.
As if the first turd didn't taste bad enough now they serve a reheated one with corn and peanuts inside. I'd rather Daniel retired to make corporate jingles
I like it, but it sounds more like a song that would be integral inside a concept rather than being used as a single - either way, both these tunes have me hopeful for the new album. One thing I’ve always loved about PoS is their ability to try something new all the time (which is why I love the Road Salt albums but hate In the Passing Light of Day), and this sounds very different from what they’ve done before.
Claus Jensen

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:34 am

sabatar wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:10 am
Packgrog wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:19 pm
Most of your fans are straight dudes.
LOL how do you?
LOL - I guess his comment was based on sheer math ... considering the percentage of straight vs gay men in the world + the fact that most prog fans seem to be dudes vs dudettes (hah!), I think his assessment is quite valid and based on facts ;)))))
Claus Jensen

Nos

Post by Nos » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:47 am

I listened to the album yesterday, and the main things that struck me are 1)The guitars are really weak and far back in the mix, and 2)Daniel sounds miserable through the whole thing. The whole thing just sounds sad.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:51 am

Nos wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:47 am
I listened to the album yesterday, and the main things that struck me are 1)The guitars are really weak and far back in the mix, and 2)Daniel sounds miserable through the whole thing. The whole thing just sounds sad.
Go away troll
Claus Jensen

Packgrog

Post by Packgrog » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:58 am

Hearing Aid Man wrote:
Another tune...

Even more different.
... Huh! That's probably the most interesting thing that they've done since the early days! Totally weird, kind of reminds me of Leprous with its mix of relative sparse simplicity broken up with wacky tempo bursts. Even reminded me ever so slightly of Stress from Entropia, though more mature and restrained. Hell, that actually makes me curious enough to actually try listening to the album.

And thanks for actually putting a fucking shirt on for a change, Dan. :P

Packgrog

Post by Packgrog » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:59 am

Nos wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:47 am
The whole thing just sounds sad.
As could be expected from anyone living in the modern world with open eyes. But that's a different discussion.

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:14 pm

Hearing Aid Man wrote:
Another tune...

Even more different.
Finally listened to this. Tbh, I think it's garbage. It's like he wanted to incorporate some of the modern electronica pieces, but has no idea what makes them work in other places. Anyway there are so many better prog bands these days I'm not even upset that PoS isn't worth the time anymore.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:29 am

One spin through the album and I’m certain that most fans of classic POS will say “no thanks” to this disc. Definitely very different from anything they’ve done before. Where they went complete analogue and old school hard rock on “Road Salt” (which I loved!) they’ve gone in the opposite direction here and gone ultra-electronic (which I’m not sure about yet...). Looking forward to spending some more time with it and figuring out what the heck Daniel was thinking..
Claus Jensen

devomeister

Post by devomeister » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:17 am

I love it. I'm surprised I love it as much as I do. It is indeed very different, but there's also this familiar PoS sound clinging to the entire thing.
Check out my professional portfolio:
https://chris_devo.artstation.com/

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:01 am

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?????? THIS IS A MASTERPIECE!!!

Edit: Yep
I'll be the judge of what's good and what isn't, thank you... ;)

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:00 pm

Probably listened ~10 times through it now since purchasing Friday morning and I like it quite a lot to be honest. Way more than I expected to after the first spin. There are a few songs that reminds me of the “organic” sound of ROAD SALT which makes for an interesting break from the otherwise very “electronic” sound of this album. The blend works really well and I like it way way more than the last album which was a huge disappointment following the two amazing RS albums. Then again, I was in the minority with RS and also with the last one, so most likely the majority around here will hate it. All that said, I’m so happy I don’t listen to lyrics much (probably due to not being a native English speaking person), as Daniel and I are on polar opposite sides of the fence and I just can’t ... really, I just can’t ...
Claus Jensen