Airbag - A day at the beach: Loving it!!

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Stevie WOnder

Airbag - A day at the beach: Loving it!!

Post by Stevie WOnder » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:19 pm

I know I haven’t posted in a while but this new Airbag is really addictive. There’s a clear hommage to Stranger Things in places. Melodies are warmer than the last couple discs. Production is excellent to these ears. The Floydian influences are still clearly present with those excellent solos by Riis.

If you remotely like the band, it’s a must.
"Manowar rules!!!" - Larry D

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: Airbag - A day at the beach: Loving it!!

Post by LarryD » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:16 pm

I played this thru twice already ...... I have mixed feelings only because of the way they set up their music ...... the first three songs have way too much electronica built into the music, and not enough guitar ( where the hell is Bjorn Reis ? ) ......after song three, the guitar finally kicks in but there are hardly any solos to be found anywhere unlike on other Airbag discs .....
Jury still out here - half I like and half I'm getting used to the electronica sound ....... this band can do no wrong, I was just hoping to be totally blown away from the start......

Stevie WOnder

Re: Airbag - A day at the beach: Loving it!!

Post by Stevie WOnder » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:28 am

It’s ok bro. I don’t mind the electronica and until you mentionned it, it didn’t strike me at all. Weird eh?

To me, the melodies are definitely warmer than the last couple. The singing is still way up there.

Try that first song keeping in mind it’s a build up to the excellent solo towards the end. Might also be because ima huge Stranger Things fan. 😊
"Manowar rules!!!" - Larry D