Nightwish with Floor

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

David D

Nightwish with Floor

Post by David D » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:50 pm

Am I the only one that wants Nightwish to re-release all their earlier albums completely with Floor on vocals.

I swear every live video with her singing sounds SOOOO much better than the originals.....

am I alone in this....

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: Nightwish with Floor

Post by LarryD » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:03 pm

David D wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:50 pm
Am I the only one that wants Nightwish to re-release all their earlier albums completely with Floor on vocals.

I swear every live video with her singing sounds SOOOO much better than the originals.....

am I alone in this....
***I think so .....replacing Tarja with anyone on the originals is sacrilege in my book ....... Floor is awesome, in every way, but those Nightwish originals are classics as they are......

BC

Post by BC » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:20 pm

As long as the original material stays available, I’m up for re-recordings of Nightwish’s back catalog with Floor on vocals. I’ve always found this kind of thing interesting.
Is a song titled "Everybody Dies" supposed to sound so happy?
Doom, gloom, the World goes boom! None will be spared, so don't assume. Not ragged clothed nor silver spooned. You're all the same when extinction looms!

gazinwales

Post by gazinwales » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:59 am

Absolute blasphemy IMO, Tarja does a great job and was and always will be the voice of Nightwish to my ears.
I do like Floor in After Forever and ReVamp, but theres something that does not click with me and her in NW.
In fact the last two albums with Floor are my least fave Nightwish albums in their catalogue.
I have found myself enjoying the two Anette albums far more than anything with Floor.