The Aurora Project - appropriate and overlooked......

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

The Aurora Project - appropriate and overlooked......

Post by LarryD » Sat May 02, 2020 11:24 am

During this " down time " ..... I'm going back into the collection and re-visiting some bands that may or may not stand the test of time. I happened to spot The Aurora Project and immediately honed in on World of Grey, which seems very appropriate for this time period, especially the cover art. Yet, as I walked towards the CD player, I backtracked and grabbed Selling the Aggression instead, which is also appropriate for this time period.

Verdict - this band is not only standing the test of my time, they still stand as one of the severely overlooked prog metal bands .......I've got 4 of their discs, all killer in their own right, and not of the standard " heard all that in the 90s " style prog...... as I listen to this, I keep thinking, " what would happen if The Moody Blues decided to go prog metal on us " ? I believe this band is the answer. Most likely due to the singer, who sounds like he would fit right into the Blues band, even though they are British and TAP are Dutch.....they have their own style going on here, a mixture of prog metal and prog rock..... heavy at times, not so heavy at other times. Always melodic, always polished, and always zoning in on politics lyrically.

I'll never understand why this band didn't get more attention over the years. World of Grey is only 4 years old now ....... If you have Selling the Aggression or any of their discs, hit em up when you can and see if they stand the test of time for you as well .......