Hexvessel - Kindred

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

introclaus

Hexvessel - Kindred

Post by introclaus » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:49 am

I really liked their album of last year so when I heard that they’d already planned on releasing a new album this year I preordered it. For some reason they decided to release not just one or two but 4 (!!!) songs prior to release and with each of them my interest and expectations grew tremendously as all of them were absolutely amazing.

The album is out now and I’ve got to spend some time with it since Friday morning and I can safely say that this is one of the most original and interesting releases I’ll hear all year; from retro (hard) rock, to psychedelic rock, to Celtic folk music and even some Scandinavian folklore, this album is all over the place but in a very “focused” way with a very earthy (grounded?) theme. I honestly can’t describe this as anything but PROGRESSIVE (yeah, I can hear Larry yelling at me now) to the max! It’s so all-encompassing and I’ll shocked at how well all these different genres fit together. This album checks off all my boxes for melancholic, sit-back-and-relax, music.

Check out this song, which might be on the “lighter” side but still captures the essence of the entire album; if you like this you should give the rest of the album a spin - if not, oh well, this just isn’t for you:

https://youtu.be/U16JPWV2slU
Claus Jensen