My Dying Bride - The Ghost Of Orion

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

introclaus

My Dying Bride - The Ghost Of Orion

Post by introclaus » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:33 am

Best album released so far in 2020 (still waiting for the Katatonia album next month to blow all other competition away)! This is MDB at their very best. Lots of classic doom, plenty of growls when needed and Aaron’s smooth voice fits the lyrics perfectly. What an album. Listened start-to-finish 8 times since midnight already (yeah, no sleep needed when you have an album this good). Absolutely incredible.
Claus Jensen

Testofwills

Re: My Dying Bride - The Ghost Of Orion

Post by Testofwills » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:36 pm

Ya my most anticipated lp for sure.....Luved the first 2 songs and finally they have gotten a great production althought im abit iffy on the modern drum sound..Aarons voclas are making a big differnce in the differnt sound and feel of this album...Listen once to the whole lp today,,Standout out for me is the Long Black Land..Ill wait till my lp arrives befoe i play the hell out of it.....I just added 2 Klipsh 100 watt subs to each Bryston Power Amp and so far the sound is massive and clean

EmptyThoughts

Post by EmptyThoughts » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:46 am

Awesome to read that there are others who also enjoy Doom. I've been a huge fan ever since Like Gods of the Sun. Just grabbed my copy, but haven't heard it. Can't wait to just let the darkness consume me :evil:

elendil

Post by elendil » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:45 pm

I haven't listened to MDB since _Light at the End of the World_. Tried a few of their more recent albums, but too generic and samey. Will give this a listen.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:46 pm

elendil wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:45 pm
I haven't listened to MDB since _Light at the End of the World_. Tried a few of their more recent albums, but too generic and samey. Will give this a listen.
I made the same mistake after that exact album as well for a good while (I found the following albums to be generic just like you mentioned) but then one day they “opened up” for me and I have found all of them to be excellent each in their own right.

That said, with 2015’s “Feel the Misery” and especially with the new disc they are better than they’ve been since “Angel and the Dark River” so perhaps start with those two and if they get you interested in the band again, move backwards and try out the “mid period” (2000-2015) again!
Claus Jensen

elendil

Post by elendil » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:51 pm

introclaus wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:46 pm
elendil wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:45 pm
I made the same mistake after that exact album as well for a good while (I found the following albums to be generic just like you mentioned) but then one day they “opened up” for me and I have found all of them to be excellent each in their own right.

That said, with 2015’s “Feel the Misery” and especially with the new disc they are better than they’ve been since “Angel and the Dark River” so perhaps start with those two and if they get you interested in the band again, move backwards and try out the “mid period” (2000-2015) again!
I'll give that and the new one a shot!