The Night Flight Orchestra - Aeromantic

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

introclaus

The Night Flight Orchestra - Aeromantic

Post by introclaus » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:03 am

This was just released, and what an album. Not one weak track. It’s absolutely amazing how incredible melodies these guys write... so good. Striid wins for “most improved” of the year!

My 9 year old son thought that he loved the last albums as well, so it’s a real shame that I can’t play this one for him considering he was born in the wrong decade to be able to truly appreciate the music. It’s such a bummer that just because you weren’t around to listen to this style of music when it first came out, you’ll have no shot at ever liking it no matter how amazing the melodies are, but hey, those are the rules so what can you do?
Claus Jensen

Harvester

Re: The Night Flight Orchestra - Aeromantic

Post by Harvester » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:34 am

:lol:

Nos

Post by Nos » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:03 am

I scanned through the iTunes samples, and there do seem to be some very good songs on the record. I've never said they aren't good at what they do, and even if they didn't pick the best singles, I hear some good stuff.

That said, I am only rarely a fan of synths, and I hate that 80s style vocal production. Echo and reverb on vocals is a huge turn off, unless it's done with an extremely light touch. There were enough bits just in what I heard where Speed didn't sound natural to put me off from listening to more.

More power to those that like it. For melodic rock, I'll take the Harem Scarem record coming out next week every time.

elendil

Post by elendil » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:52 pm

What a fun album. Might this be their best one yet?