Dynazty - The Dark Delight...

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Hearing Aid Man

Dynazty - The Dark Delight...

Post by Hearing Aid Man » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:03 am

New release scheduled for 4/3/20. Video for the song "Presence of Mind" to be out in a few days.

Sir Exar Kun

Re: Dynazty - The Dark Delight...

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:28 am

Fun band, and somehow I expect this to sound just like the last three. Ear candy at its finest.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:01 pm

The last one took some time to sink in with me. The new poppy electronica sounds they borrowed from Amaranthe I didn't think fit with their sound but now I've changed my mind and it does go well. Ideally I'd love to hear a much heavier sound from them but if we simply get a slightly updated improvement to the last few I'll still be happy.

Sir Exar Kun

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:24 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2yyRmn ... b9MWdzvTkA

First single. Sounds like Dynazty, alright.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

sez

Post by sez » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:10 pm

I really didn't like the last one, as it was missing the energy and passion of Renatus and Titanic Mass. Since this is mid-tempo, I'm not sure if it's a return to form or not, but it was very well executed. I liked the progressive "hints" in the two releases I mentioned above, as they hint at their true talent, and I hope they don't limit themselves to the poppy sound of their last release.

Their albums tend to be fun to listen to and positive, and I think that's what I like most about them. The older I get, the less I want to listen to something dark and brooding. There's enough darkness in the world without exposing myself to more of it in music.

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:31 am

Nils is one of the best singers in metal today!!!! Absolutely amazing voice!!! Love the sound of this one too.......I actually liked the last album. I've loved all of Dynazty albums so far....Their energy is contagious. Powerful band!!!! In an age where so many bands sound alike, Dynazty always sounds like Dynazty

Dusty

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:38 am

I am not a fan of the band - but this song does provoke my interest into what's coming from this band ..... if they stay in that mid-range pace like on this song, I'm finally in on the Dynazty bandwagon......

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:02 pm

LarryD wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:38 am
I am not a fan of the band - but this song does provoke my interest into what's coming from this band ..... if they stay in that mid-range pace like on this song, I'm finally in on the Dynazty bandwagon......

Hey Larry, I heard that Dynazty absolutely crushed it at progpower, even though they didnt' play very long. Did you get a chance to catch their set?

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:09 pm

prog_powermetal99 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:02 pm
LarryD wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:38 am

Hey Larry, I heard that Dynazty absolutely crushed it at progpower, even though they didnt' play very long. Did you get a chance to catch their set?

Nevermind my above comment Larry. I forgot that you mentioned that you missed their progpower performance....oh well maybe next time! :)

Hearing Aid Man

Post by Hearing Aid Man » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:02 am

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:25 pm

I prefer the 1st song more than this one. I prefer the heavier side of the band...

Based upon all of the comments I read, Dynazty was absolutely dominating and an absolutely BEAST at Progpower USA........ I wish I would have caught them live...

sez

Post by sez » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:09 pm

This second one is insanely poppy. Verse, chorus, verse chorus, solo 1, solo 2, half step key change, belt out the chorus again, power ending.

I would have eaten this up in 1988. While it's extremely well executed and catchy, it feels like their talents are being wasted. This is more Firesign stuff and less Renatus/Titanic Mass.

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:47 pm

The new song I heard today called Waterfall is amazing and seals the deal!

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:57 pm

For me, Renatus was amazing, Titanic Mass was good and Firesign was strange. I eventually came around to it but the Dig-Dug 80s video game keyboard chirps made popular by Amaranthe was distracting. It was like a great band playing in a 1982 arcade while Crazy Climber and Burgertime is being played. .Now I find the album really good.

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:25 pm

Random Axe wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:57 pm
For me, Renatus was amazing, Titanic Mass was good and Firesign was strange. I eventually came around to it but the Dig-Dug 80s video game keyboard chirps made popular by Amaranthe was distracting. It was like a great band playing in a 1982 arcade while Crazy Climber and Burgertime is being played. .Now I find the album really good.

Great comments! and for those complaining about lack of heaviness, Dynazty to me has always been about infectious hooks and melodies and less about the heavy! They write absolutely amazing hooks. Normally I wouldn't like the lighter stuff that Dynazty sometimes does, but because it has such great melodies and hooks, they make it work so well!!!

Hearing Aid Man

Post by Hearing Aid Man » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:34 am

Always think this band will fade for me with the same sound on each album. Couldn't be more wrong. New one sounds really good. Some huge melodies...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2O52T6 ... ns&index=2

sez

Post by sez » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:47 pm

Now that this is out and I'm on my second time through, I'm finding this a really enjoyable listen. The melodies are huge, and they've brought back much of the energy from Renatus and Titanic Mass. It's not going to win any awards for complexity or artfulness, but it's plain fun to listen to.

If you need a pick-me-up or just want to rock with some positive sounding, clearly 80s influenced tunes, you should give Dynazty's The Dark Delight a try.

sez

Post by sez » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:56 pm

Man, why didn't they make this track a single? The melodies are off the charts awesome. Best track on the album for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ndOVs0x9_Y

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:14 pm

this album is good. it's about the same as previous efforts. Just when I thought they turned a creative corner with Hologram and Waterfall they fall right back into their uptempo groove. That's not a bad thing if you've never heard them before but we already have three compmete albums in that style. I kinda wanted more.

They are as talented as fellow Swedes Seventh Wonder, they just don't live up to their potential as songwriters. They are what they are and are moderately successful. This is an enjoyable album that I feel could have been better.

Hearing Aid Man

Post by Hearing Aid Man » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:04 pm

Anyone else not have this bonus track?

Great tune...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hOuCxzI-j8