Serenity - The Last Knight

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Man Of Much Metal

Serenity - The Last Knight

Post by Man Of Much Metal » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:19 am

Hi All,

One of my favourite melodic symphonic metal bands returns on 31 Jan with their new album, 'The Last Knight'...anyone else a fan?

Spoiler alert: it's not their best, at least, not in my opinion - a bit hit & miss if I'm honest :( But i'll be interested if anyone vehemently disagrees...

As always, here's my review if you're interested in reading it: https://manofmuchmetal.com/2020/01/27/s ... um-review/

Cheers,

Matt
Matt
The Man of Much Metal
The Blog Of Much Metal: https://manofmuchmetal.com/

Nos

Re: Serenity - The Last Knight

Post by Nos » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:35 pm

Like I said in the other thread, this is my favorite Serenity album, by far. It's a lot more consistent than usual, for me, since it has fewer generic power metal melodies. It sounds a lot hookier to my ears. "Lionheart" seemed far more generic when I heard it.

This is my easy album of the month for January, not that there was a lot of competition.

Sir Exar Kun

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:00 pm

Looking forward to it but with modest expectations. "War of Ages" was my favorite, and they've gradually gotten away from the dual vocal approach that I loved so much.....
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:37 pm

They've been as boring as Contemporary Christian since Codex Atlanticus, which is a shame because they were so stellar through Death & Legacy. I'm not even going to waste my time thinking about this one.