Any fans of Temperance? New album is pretty cool!

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Man Of Much Metal

Any fans of Temperance? New album is pretty cool!

Post by Man Of Much Metal » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd mention Temperance in case there are any fans or interested onlookers here...their new album 'Viridian' dropped today & I must say, I'm mightily impressed. Think Amaranthe & Sonata Arctica in a blender, with a touch of Serenity and a pinch of Delain perhaps. I like it!

Here's my review if anyone is interested: https://manofmuchmetal.com/2020/01/24/t ... um-review/

But more importantly, are there any others on here that like this record?

Cheers,

Matt
Matt
The Man of Much Metal
The Blog Of Much Metal: https://manofmuchmetal.com/

Nos

Re: Any fans of Temperance? New album is pretty cool!

Post by Nos » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:29 am

Man Of Much Metal wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:38 pm
Just thought I'd mention Temperance in case there are any fans or interested onlookers here...their new album 'Viridian' dropped today & I must say, I'm mightily impressed. Think Amaranthe & Sonata Arctica in a blender, with a touch of Serenity and a pinch of Delain perhaps. I like it!
I like it, but I'll be honest, I liked the previous record a bit more. They streamlined things on this one, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I miss a bit of the 'bigger' sound they had before. But they've got great hooks, so it all works out.

Funny you mention Delain.... their upcoming album is moving into very much the same territory, but they don't have nearly the hook factor Temperance does, or Within Temptation did on last year's controversial album. I was really bored by Delain.

The new Serenity kicks ass, though!

Man Of Much Metal

Re: Any fans of Temperance? New album is pretty cool!

Post by Man Of Much Metal » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:24 am

Nos wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:29 am
Man Of Much Metal wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:38 pm
I like it, but I'll be honest, I liked the previous record a bit more. They streamlined things on this one, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I miss a bit of the 'bigger' sound they had before. But they've got great hooks, so it all works out.

Funny you mention Delain.... their upcoming album is moving into very much the same territory, but they don't have nearly the hook factor Temperance does, or Within Temptation did on last year's controversial album. I was really bored by Delain.

The new Serenity kicks ass, though!
Strangely enough, I just posted about Serenity in a new thread - I am not that impressed by it - I thought the last one was much stronger. Too many fillers in my humble opinion. It's not like me to be negative though, so maybe I've missed something...I'll persevere.

Regarding Delain, I've never been a fan, I have always found them to be distinctly average. Why they headlined over Evergrey in the UK a couple of years ago beggars belief!
Matt
The Man of Much Metal
The Blog Of Much Metal: https://manofmuchmetal.com/