Some stuff I liked in 2019

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Digital Man

Some stuff I liked in 2019

Post by Digital Man » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:02 pm

I've been struggling for a while to figure out what to do about my top list for 2019. Overall, it was a pretty unremarkable year in music for me. There was very little that I was super excited about. Few of my top bands released new disks and I didn't discover a new exciting genre to explore. I still listened to music constantly, but everything just sounded "OK". Not sure how much of that is me vs. the music released in 2019, perhaps it's a little of both. I wasn't even going to make a list this year, but then decided to start putting one together because in previous years the act of putting the list together has me re-listening to many potential candidates and helps me realize what I liked that year. I've been listening the the releases on my list and re-organizing it for a while but it's time to just post what I have. Since I wasn't even going to create a list, I didn't bother writing anything about the releases. By now you're probably seen all of these on other's lists anyway.

So here it is, my half-assed, minimal effort list:

Arch Matheos - Winter Ethereal
Jordsjø - Nattfiolen
Borknagar - True North
Ray Alder - What The Water Wants
Eluveitie - Ategnatos
Wilderun - Veil Of Imagination
Equipoise - Demiurgus
Flotsam And Jetsam - The End Of Chaos
Allegaeon - Apoptosi
Amon Amarth - Berserker
Darkwater - Human
Voyager - Colours in the Sun
Myrath - Shehili
M.I.GOD - Specters On Parade
Beast In Black - From Hell With Love

introclaus

Re: Some stuff I liked in 2019

Post by introclaus » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:57 am

Very nice list - I like quite a lot of it.

Only one I didn’t know what JORDSJØ, which I’m checking out now (so far I hear some White Willow, some Änglagård, a bit of King Crimson, old Genesis and perhaps a bit of Wobbler as well). Very interesting...
Claus Jensen