New Romeo?

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Sparky

New Romeo?

Post by Sparky » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:19 pm

I listened to War of the Worlds, Pt. 1 again today and it, as always, blew my away. Any word on Pt. 2?!?!?
I'll be the judge of what's good and what isn't, thank you... ;)

Sir Exar Kun

Re: New Romeo?

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:10 am

Knowing Romeo, it should be all ready no later than 2025-2026 latest. :)

I had heard it was supposed to come fast on the heels of this one, but with SX doing international touring right now I'm not sure how realistic that is.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:00 pm

I am in the minority once again with the solo disc in that I really didn't care for it, mostly the vocals. I can't possibly explain why either. I should play it again after a year on the shelf to see if I change my mind. I'd much rather have a SymX disc, but I think those possibilities are remote.

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:04 pm

Random Axe wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:00 pm
I am in the minority once again with the solo disc in that I really didn't care for it, mostly the vocals. I can't possibly explain why either. I should play it again after a year on the shelf to see if I change my mind. I'd much rather have a SymX disc, but I think those possibilities are remote.
I think the singer rips. Couple that with Macaluso and prominent bass, and I'm all in.

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:12 pm

I'm gonna try it again and see if it's any different. I wasn't really in a good place when I first got this last year. I may start tomorrow on my morning commute

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:25 am

I think the singer rips. Couple that with Macaluso and prominent bass, and I'm all in.
***Gotta go with Sparky here --- Castellano absolutely rules this disc, and as far as wanting another SX disc, which we all do, this is about as close as it gets......you need to go back to this Scott, Romeo is at his best here in many ways, and Castellano is my new vocal hero ........ They NEED Part 2 soon !!!!!!!

Packgrog

Post by Packgrog » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:44 am

Random Axe wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:00 pm
The singer's pronunciation is very "twee". Otherwise he's a good singer.

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:17 pm

I tried it again today and it's just not for me. The singer has a high treble to his voice mixed with the rasp that doesn't work for me. Musically, it smokes. That's okay, I can't possibly like everything recommended here.

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:25 pm

Random Axe wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:17 pm
I tried it again today and it's just not for me. The singer has a high treble to his voice mixed with the rasp that doesn't work for me. Musically, it smokes. That's okay, I can't possibly like everything recommended here.

***Wow, it's really unusual for us to be so far off on a disc, especially since that was my #1 disc of the year last year........ but I hear you, we all can't love everything......I just figured every SX fan just had to love this one as well ........ to me, it's better than a few discs before Underworld.

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:13 pm

LarryD wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:25 pm
Random Axe wrote:

***Wow, it's really unusual for us to be so far off on a disc, especially since that was my #1 disc of the year last year........ but I hear you, we all can't love everything......I just figured every SX fan just had to love this one as well ........ to me, it's better than a few discs before Underworld.
It's kinda like with the band Need. Each release is album of the year for me but I know you don't care for them much so we do have a precedent lol! There's just certain bands and artists that just check our unknown variable box without any plausible explanation. It simply works for you. I can't process Romeo without Russ singing I suppose.

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:08 am

Random Axe wrote:
I'm with you on the vocals. He's basically "ok" with some spots of being really good (Believe in particular). Merely a serviceable vocalist, imo. But the music is so ridiculous that I can forgive that.

dspot

Post by dspot » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:11 pm

Paraphrasing from one of Romeo's interview: Part 2 was already recorded, along with Part 1. What he needs to do is some arranging, overdubs and mix/master. He was planning on doing that after the summer SyX tour, for a possible late 2019/early 2020 release.