Edenbridge set to release Dynamind in October.....

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

Edenbridge set to release Dynamind in October.....

Post by LarryD » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:33 am

I'm not sure if many care about this band anymore - but I do !!!! Their 10th disc is about to be released and I'll be buying blind, as always ...... They have been kicking up the symphonics with each release, and I'm hoping that this one is no exception......

Sabine and co. have been on my bucket list forever - and although I'm sure it's a pipe dream, I keep hoping ..... in the meantime, here is some info:

http://bravewords.com/news/edenbridge-s ... g-revealed

elendil

Re: Edenbridge set to release Dynamind in October.....

Post by elendil » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:02 am

I'll give it a listen at least. Edenbridge is one of those few bands that have never matched their debut album, but some of their later stuff is not bad. _Aphelion_ is the last album of theirs I actually own.

Sir Exar Kun

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:04 pm

Yep, I'll be ordering it..... And I know it will be "fine" without doing anything new or exciting, or quite achieving it's potential.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:09 pm

Sir Exar Kun wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:04 pm
Yep, I'll be ordering it..... And I know it will be "fine" without doing anything new or exciting, or quite achieving it's potential.
***As long as they keep it very symphonic and heavy, like the last 3-4 discs, I'll be happy ....... I think Sabine has a lot to do with this for me, as I could listen to her sing anything to me ...... :wink:

Sir Exar Kun

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:48 pm

https://youtu.be/xZbflZDstsM

Lyric video now available.

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:05 pm

I love it - it's Edenbridge, and it's exactly how they sound, and how I want them to sound ........ And Sabine still melts me. :oops:

Bring on this and the new Vanden Plas !!!!!!!

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Sadly, this does not measure up to their previous few like Solitaire, My Earth Dream, etc ....... There are a couple of "wow" moments, but overall it sounds like they have really run out of ideas and just put out a disc of what they sound like overall .........the sound is excellent as expected, but I've been waiting for the "wow" factor now for 2 spins and it hasn't come .......the 2nd spin actually became background music instead of intense listening, and that tells me what I need to know .......

Sad for me to say that I'll wait for the next one - and who knows how long that will be, if ever...... it's back to Solitaire and My Earth Dream for me ........ Sabine still melts my heart, but not enough to keep coming back to this disc ........ they really need to come on strong next time as I know they have a lost a lot of fans way back in time, but I'm hanging in there........

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:05 am

Jay this is quite disappointing from where I'm sitting ........ I know they can't change their style and sound too much, but they upped the intensity with My Earth Dream and Solitaire ......even The Great Momentum had that intensity, but here, it seems they have dialed that intensity down. That's what I'm hearing anyway .......

Sir Exar Kun

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:50 am

I saw your previous comment, and had been about to pull the trigger at Lasers and put a pause on it..... I am sure I will still order it, but again.... Not feeling a big rush to right now.

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:00 am

I am still quite disappointed with this release ...... it's sort of what people are saying about the new Vanden Plas disc, that they ( or Andy ) sounds like they are just going through the motions, and the disc just exists instead of making an impact on a person...... same here with Edenbridge. It's almost like leftovers from their weakest outings, and I consider each release from The Grand Design thru The Great Momentum to go up in quality......

I think at this point, Edenbridge needs to break out and do something drastic to retain some sense of urgency in their future releases...... If I was sitting at an interview, and someone asked me " why should i buy this Edenbridge release when I stopped buying after " My Earth Dream ", I could not come up with an answer...... Sad to say considering they release a disc every 2-3 years. After almost 20 years of listening to them, I'm ready to evaluate my next disc purchase from them, and probably won't employ an instant buy method ...... :(