Artificial Language- Now We Sleep

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Harvester

Artificial Language- Now We Sleep

Post by Harvester » Thu May 16, 2019 10:52 am

Leprous meets Distorted Harmony vibe with some nice shredding & jazz piano thrown in. The debut was good, but this is way better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fA0lR31aTM (Nice short solos at the 1:30 mark).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6HAZLl8uqM

zedowns

Re: Artificial Language- Now We Sleep

Post by zedowns » Thu May 16, 2019 12:46 pm

holy shit. The Observer was my favorite debut album in years so hearing this is better has me all kinds of fired up.

ToddS
Site Admin

Post by ToddS » Thu May 16, 2019 7:19 pm

Smooth as silk. Good stuff!
"My songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold"

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Fri May 17, 2019 10:11 am

Album was released this morning - I’ve now spun it 4 times and it’s stunning. The musicianship at display here is over the top - the lead guitarist has some serious chops ... one moment djenty and the next neo classical in style. Besides the bands Glenn mentioned (Leprous, Distorted Harmony) I also hear bits of bands like Chaos Divine, Native Construct, BtBaM and Karnivool.

I honestly wasn’t too impressed by the debut album (it felt a bit of a let down after the incredible Art by Numbers did they did prior to this (different vocalist). But man, this new album is absolutely amazing.
Claus Jensen

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Fri May 17, 2019 7:38 pm

introclaus wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:11 am
Album was released this morning - I’ve now spun it 4 times and it’s stunning. The musicianship at display here is over the top - the lead guitarist has some serious chops ... one moment djenty and the next neo classical in style. Besides the bands Glenn mentioned (Leprous, Distorted Harmony) I also hear bits of bands like Chaos Divine, Native Construct, BtBaM and Karnivool.

I honestly wasn’t too impressed by the debut album (it felt a bit of a let down after the incredible Art by Numbers did they did prior to this (different vocalist). But man, this new album is absolutely amazing.
10 spin later and I’m absolutely loving this album! So much I’ve decided to give the debut another shot.

Wow, I didn’t expect this one to hit me that hard! Amazing! Top 5 of the year candidate for sure!!!
Claus Jensen

Sir Exar Kun

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Mon May 20, 2019 3:23 pm

Part of me REALLY doesn't want to like this..... It's just WAY too hipster somehow.....

That being said, I'm loving what I hear. Reminds me (of course) of Leprous, mixed with some of the quirkiness of Protest the Hero perhaps.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

Harvester

Post by Harvester » Tue May 28, 2019 12:56 pm

This disc keeps climbing higher and higher on my year rankings. Just awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6HAZLl8uqM

Norén

Post by Norén » Wed May 29, 2019 4:56 pm

First spin. Very positive!
CD ARTWORK -> www.progart.com

elendil

Post by elendil » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:59 pm

Finally got around to listening to this. It *is* a bit hipsterish, but not too much for my tastes. The djent is sparing, and there are enjoyable neoclassical and jazz fusion flourishes all over the place. It reminded me a bit of Animals as Leaders. It will definitely be somewhere in my top albums of the year.

I'd like to hear a band play this kind of music with a traditional metal (as opposed to understated mod-prog) vocal approach. No one does that!