Lance King - Reprogram...

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Hearing Aid Man

Lance King - Reprogram...

Post by Hearing Aid Man » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:33 pm

Surprised no mention of this one yet :shock: . Really enjoying it! Melodies are awesome and very catchy songs + a heavy feel. Only had to listen once and started singing along. Check it out folks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m7DARb ... PTujvcJ1X0

Chris R

Re: Lance King - Reprogram...

Post by Chris R » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:47 pm

Have this and many others on cue (have to yet again solve Ipod issues so everything is again backed up)
Tarja is a female woman

Sir Exar Kun

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:55 pm

Good timing..... I am about 75% of the way through the disc in the car, and am really digging it. I've always been a fan of Lance's stuff, but his first solo album was a bit underwhelming to me. This one feels a little more diverse, and more engaging right out of the gate..... The drumming really pops out at me also; busy without being ridiculously showy.

Very impressed so far!
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:07 pm

It's musically good, but the lyrics have so much Lancey cheese in them. I appreciate the concept, but hooo boy.

outprogged42

Post by outprogged42 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:07 pm

The occasional cheese is my only real complaint about the disc aside from a couple of songs that felt a tiny bit rushed to get finished. The production is outstanding, the musicianship a step up from the first solo disc, Lance's vocals are still in completely top form even as he goes into his 50s, and the overall heart and intent behind the words very empowering. It's a disc that really signifies what I'm looking for music to do to me in 2019. I've been playing it several times these past few days and haven't grown sick of it at all.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:47 pm

Mardoch wrote:It's musically good, but the lyrics have so much Lancey cheese in them. I appreciate the concept, but hooo boy.
The benefit of having English as my second language is that I rarely listen to lyrics the first couple of spins through an album, so I haven't paid attention to this. However, as you said, the music is really good, and boy, does Lance sing amazing (as always)!
Claus Jensen