Silver Bullet ... for the Iced Earth/Brainstorm/Blind Guardian/King Diamond fans ...

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

introclaus

Silver Bullet ... for the Iced Earth/Brainstorm/Blind Guardian/King Diamond fans ...

Post by introclaus » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:37 am

SILVER BULLET - Mooncult

Never heard of this band until today, but I'm really liking what I've heard so far - the entire album is full of great power metal anthems with lots of "ooomph", some nice epic orchestration, and a lyrical horror story concept kind of in the King Diamond or Iced Earth "Horrorshow" vein.

It's nothing new, but it's really well done - lots of good power metal riffs somewhere between Blind Guardian, Helloween, Mob Rules, Iced Earth, Brainstorm, Iron Maiden...

I did check out their previous album as well and didn't like that at all, but this new one (released yesterday I believe) sounds really good.

https://youtu.be/c4RFhAwR9kc
(this one sounds a lot like Iced Earth)

https://youtu.be/qtsw9J8bVF8
(I feel a strong Brainstorm vibe coming from this tune)
Claus Jensen

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: Silver Bullet ... for the Iced Earth/Brainstorm/Blind Guardian/King Diamond fans ...

Post by LarryD » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:09 pm

Way too fast for me - but that singer is outstanding ........ definitely feel the Brainstorm vibe coming off that second song .........

Guillaume

Re: Silver Bullet ... for the Iced Earth/Brainstorm/Blind Guardian/King Diamond fans ...

Post by Guillaume » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:03 pm

introclaus wrote:SILVER BULLET - Mooncult

Never heard of this band until today, but I'm really liking what I've heard so far - the entire album is full of great power metal anthems with lots of "ooomph", some nice epic orchestration, and a lyrical horror story concept kind of in the King Diamond or Iced Earth "Horrorshow" vein.

It's nothing new, but it's really well done - lots of good power metal riffs somewhere between Blind Guardian, Helloween, Mob Rules, Iced Earth, Brainstorm, Iron Maiden...

I did check out their previous album as well and didn't like that at all, but this new one (released yesterday I believe) sounds really good.

https://youtu.be/c4RFhAwR9kc
(this one sounds a lot like Iced Earth)

https://youtu.be/qtsw9J8bVF8
(I feel a strong Brainstorm vibe coming from this tune)
Cool stuff. Thanks for the heads up. 2nd song a bit too speedy overall (but I can hear some Brainstorm indeed) but 1st one rules.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:14 pm

I’ve listened to the album quite a lot since I bought it yesterday and I’ve gotta say that this album is pretty awesome!!! I’m sure that labels like Nuclear Blast, AFM, Napalm are all kicking themselves for not having signed the band. Put them on the upcoming Demons & Wizards tour as support and they would win over everyone in the crowd I’m sure.
Claus Jensen

Chris R

Post by Chris R » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:54 pm

I dig
Tarja is a female woman

Harvester

Post by Harvester » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:13 pm

As much as it feels like a kick in the balls to admit, I have to concur with Claus on this one.

This is really good and varied power metal (not just speed). The epic gang choruses & harmonies are great. Album is on spotify for those interested.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:18 pm

Harvester wrote:As much as it feels like a kick in the balls to admit, I have to concur with Claus on this one.
LOL, that must have been really painful having to say that ...
Claus Jensen