Need some help to understand the meaning of some lyrics in the song "Into The Great Nothing" by Wolverine

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

GaetanL

Need some help to understand the meaning of some lyrics in the song "Into The Great Nothing" by Wolverine

Post by GaetanL » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:15 pm

"Values of life have changed currency somehow"

I understand each word in French but I'm not sure what they are trying to say.

Are they trying to say that the need to consume these days somehow changes the value of a currency?

Thanks
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

Mardoch
Site Admin

Re: Need some help to understand the meaning of some lyrics in the song "Into The Great Nothing" by Wolverine

Post by Mardoch » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:18 am

My interpretation would be "the things that used to hold value in life have changed." Most likely a statement on changing social/moral norms I would guess.

GaetanL

Re: Need some help to understand the meaning of some lyrics in the song "Into The Great Nothing" by Wolverine

Post by GaetanL » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:43 pm

Mardoch wrote:My interpretation would be "the things that used to hold value in life have changed." Most likely a statement on changing social/moral norms I would guess.
So maybe it is more:

"Values of life have changed. Now it's currency somehow"
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

Digital Man

Post by Digital Man » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:21 pm

"Currency" is often used to refer to money or something else of value. So perhaps it's saying that the currency has changed. For instance, at some point in your life what you value might be measured by the currency of money. Other times it might be measured by the currency of happiness, freedom, achievement, etc.