Wilson & Wakeman / Stripped ........

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

Wilson & Wakeman / Stripped ........

Post by LarryD » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:46 pm

This is what Damian Wilson wrote in the Digi-pak:

" Adam and I booked a studio with an upright piano in Shepherds Bush for 4 hours one morning ..... This is the result of what we did ".

I could just leave it at that and it tells the story. But the magic of this disc is just what he said ...... He and Adam Wakeman, acoustic piano, acoustic guitar, and whatever came out of them was recorded and released. Absolutely amazing - as is the production, beauty, atmosphere and hearing Damian sing this way ......

Even if you don't have a monster system - this thing will sound good no matter what ...... they are both in the room with you just singing and playing melodic, acoustic story telling style music ...... I picture Damian out in a field, with a blade of grass in his mouth, and Adam playing a piano next to him, and whatever comes out, you hear...... that's the brilliance and beauty of this disc. Just pure magic.

If you like other Wilson / Wakeman discs, this is a no-brainer. If you like Damian's voice, this is a no-brainer..... Brilliance at it's best.

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: Wilson & Wakeman / Stripped ........

Post by LarryD » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:49 pm

It's obvious that people would rather hear Damian fronting Threshold or singing in Ayreon - this duo must be too light for most here. I am a bit baffled by those who love Damian, but don't want to hear his voice and just an acoustic guitar or piano accompanying it ...... :shock:

And I still maintain - if you don't have Damian's solo DVD concert - you are missing out on something special ............

RickyRock

Post by RickyRock » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:48 am

I love this one myself. The kind of music I can have on in the background while reading a novel which I tend to do a lot when the Winter is as messed up as it is. I will seek out the dvd also.

Digital Man

Post by Digital Man » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:30 pm

Don't have this yet, but I do plan to check it out soon. I'm in for anything Damian is singing on.