Within Temptation - Resist

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

Nos

Within Temptation - Resist

Postby Nos » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:06 am

This one is going to cause a stir among their fans. This record is a lot like a darker, slowed down Amaranthe. I think quite a few fans are going to absolutely hate the shift, but I find myself loving what I'm hearing. It's far more pop than it is metal, but that works for me. I didn't care for the first single when it came out, but the more I've listened to the whole record, the more it's become a bit addictive. It's going to be controversial.

Here's two of the singles (one of them is new since the last time this got talked about around here):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7VnD6Dqx4M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGH8R5VwI2k

Anyone else digging any of this?

Sir Exar Kun

Re: Within Temptation - Resist

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:42 pm

Safe to say this has been the direction they've been headed in for years. The last two albums definitely tipped the scales more in the pop direction already. So long as Sharon is singing it, I'm in...... But the excitement wanes a bit more with each release further from the "Mother Earth" era.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

elendil

Postby elendil » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:30 pm

Haven't really paid any attention at all to them since _Silent Force_. AFAICT, Delain was more of a worthy successor to _Mother Earth_ than WT, though they haven't quite realized their initial promise fully either.

Nos

Postby Nos » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:03 pm

Return to “PM: Core”