Summerian Records sucks!!!

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

introclaus

Summerian Records sucks!!!

Postby introclaus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:12 am

Fool me once ...

I'm so annoyed by this idea that seem to have gotten into the way to big head of the executives at Summerian Records lately that they need to make money from their audience TWICE on the same product by splitting it up in two parts. First they did it with the latest Between the Buried and Me album, and now it's the new Born of Osiris album. At least they had the decency to tell us it was a 2-part effort with BtBaM by naming them "Automata I" and "Automata II", but nothing about Born of Osiris tells you that until you realize that you have a 25 minute album on your hands ... ugh!

That said, this album kicks all kinds of ass. Super melodic, wonderfully progressive, great synths, brutal djenty rhythms and riffs, and it just slays from start to the way too early finish!

"Under the Gun" (my favorite track of the album)
https://youtu.be/KC2JwxTNhi0

"The Accursed" (first video)
https://youtu.be/IHlZOcVW2SI

"Cycles of Tragedy" (second video of the album)
https://youtu.be/l56plK0uReo

Claus Jensen

Nos

Re: Summerian Records sucks!!!

Postby Nos » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:21 am

introclaus wrote: nothing about Born of Osiris tells you that until you realize that you have a 25 minute album on your hands ... ugh!

Let's be real; it's an EP. EPs are fine, as long as they're labeled as such. I'm less likely to check it out, knowing it won't be as satisfying, but yes, we should always be aware of what the product is.

*Side note: I also think there should be more information about the physical package made available. There's nothing more frustrating than opening up a new CD, only to find they don't even include lyrics/liner notes. That feels like a rip-off.

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:37 am

Nos wrote:
introclaus wrote: nothing about Born of Osiris tells you that until you realize that you have a 25 minute album on your hands ... ugh!

Let's be real; it's an EP. EPs are fine, as long as they're labeled as such. I'm less likely to check it out, knowing it won't be as satisfying, but yes, we should always be aware of what the product is.

Let's be real about what? I said it's a 25 minute album - you can call it an EP if you'd like, but there's no difference ... it's the same thing these days when we aren't talking about vinyls (33rpm, vs 45rmp). It's not a matter of "quality over quantity" either, this is about the label trying to milk the audience of every last dime, by splitting up an album into two parts.

It's not being labeled as an EP - it's being sold as "here's our new album, go buy it" ... I'm not going to sit there and count up the minutes on an album before I decide if I'm making my purchase or not. Okay, so it's one or two dollars cheaper than a full length album apparently (I looked at my paypal history to verify) but who cares? It's rude and it's borderlining to fraud! I make my decision based on whether I like the bands music or not, and I think I have every right in the world to not buy a shortened album when I'm expecting to buy a real full length album (especially since it's been 4 years since their last disc of new material).
Claus Jensen

Nos

Postby Nos » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:48 pm

introclaus wrote: I think I have every right in the world to not buy a shortened album when I'm expecting to buy a real full length album

I'm agreeing with you. They're marketing an EP as a full-length, when it clearly isn't, which is bullshit.

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:20 pm

Nos wrote:
introclaus wrote: I think I have every right in the world to not buy a shortened album when I'm expecting to buy a real full length album

I'm agreeing with you. They're marketing an EP as a full-length, when it clearly isn't, which is bullshit.

Yup I read that wrong sorry ...
Claus Jensen

Nos

Postby Nos » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:10 pm

introclaus wrote:
Nos wrote:

Yup I read that wrong sorry ...

No worries. It's all good.

Harvester

Postby Harvester » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:59 am

introclaus wrote:sorry ...

This will be my new sig.

Return to “PM: Core”