My Top 30 of 2018 - more than just a list!

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

Man Of Much Metal

My Top 30 of 2018 - more than just a list!

Postby Man Of Much Metal » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:39 pm

Good evening fellow PM'ers!

Seeing as everyone else is posting theirs, I thought I'd join the party and offer my top 30 of 2018. As many of you know, I do things a little differently, by counting down throughout December. It gives me a chance to talk in some detail about each release, whilst quoting/linking my full review and providing an embedded track to check out. I know it annoys some of you to have to click through each one to find out who features in which position, but I find that it works well for the majority who follow my drivel each and every day.

For those who are brave (or stupid) enough to check out my placings, I hope you'll be pleased with the amount of prog & power that features within my 30 choices.

https://manofmuchmetal.com/2018/12/27/a ... -number-1/

Thanks & All the best,

Matt
Matt
The Man of Much Metal
The Blog Of Much Metal: https://manofmuchmetal.com/

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: My Top 30 of 2018 - more than just a list!

Postby LarryD » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:53 pm

Matt --

Great list -- I hit up the Top 20 and not to give anything away, most of it is in line with what we have posted here ............. However, you will afford me the right to disagree with your # 20 pick right ? :wink: We can do that in a separate post if you like .............. :wink:

Thanks for posting -- and for suggestion, I think lots of people probably don't want to hit that list up the way you have it set up .... maybe in the future, post a Top 10 list along with it, and give people the choice to click on each one if they want to read the comments ?? Just a suggestion - I had no problem hitting the Top 20, but I didn't want to go past that...... The way Glenn sets his up is about as easy as it gets although I don't know which method is easier -- both yours and his look like a hell of a lot of work..... power to you both ..........

In the end - great list ....... and your # 1 pick was almost mine until - well you know what happened............. rock on bro !!!!!

Man Of Much Metal

Postby Man Of Much Metal » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:02 pm

Hey Larry,

A fair point indeed and something I'll try to do when I get a moment. I appreciate that it is a bit arduous all in one go like this, but it is designed as an annual advent calendar or something like that. So if you follow it online, you get a new post (or two) a day to check out.

With a change in personal circumstances, I don't know if I'll do this format again in 2019 because it is a massive undertaking. But I do enjoy it in a strange way!

Thanks for the kind comments nevertheless & yes, I'm very happy to discuss #20 with you wherever you like :wink:

Cheers,

Matt
Matt
The Man of Much Metal

ToddS
Site Admin

Postby ToddS » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:09 pm

Matt, kudos once again on the amount of work you put into your reviews. Awesome job! I have been going through your list a little at a time trying to catch up.

Btw - I linked one of your reviews in my list.

I love your top pick, and it was mine for a time as well. We have 2 of the top 3 the same. Cool.

Some others there I still need to, and will check out.

Larry’s suggestion may get your post more action, though I’m ok with the current format too.
Cheers!
"My songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold"

Digital Man

Postby Digital Man » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:17 pm

Going through your list now. FYI, the link to Number 5 on this page is broken:
https://manofmuchmetal.com/2018/12/23/a ... -number-4/
Güy

Guillaume

Postby Guillaume » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:56 pm

Thanks for the time you put to write all these detailed reviews. Always very informative, even for bands I care a bit less about.

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:39 pm

Man Of Much Metal wrote:Good evening fellow PM'ers!

Seeing as everyone else is posting theirs, I thought I'd join the party and offer my top 30 of 2018. As many of you know, I do things a little differently, by counting down throughout December. It gives me a chance to talk in some detail about each release, whilst quoting/linking my full review and providing an embedded track to check out. I know it annoys some of you to have to click through each one to find out who features in which position, but I find that it works well for the majority who follow my drivel each and every day.

For those who are brave (or stupid) enough to check out my placings, I hope you'll be pleased with the amount of prog & power that features within my 30 choices.

Thanks & All the best,

Matt

It’s a great list Matt. I’ve been following along each day this month and while I don’t necessarily agree on everything you write I do think your writing style is awesome and very educational.
Claus Jensen

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:04 pm

introclaus wrote:
Man Of Much Metal wrote:Good evening fellow PM'ers!

Thanks & All the best,

Matt

It’s a great list Matt. I’ve been following along each day this month and while I don’t necessarily agree on everything you write I do think your writing style is awesome and very educational.

Same! I did catch up all at once due to limited irl-bandwidth, but I love the writing and your reviews are one of relatively few I put any stock into. I did see your number one coming from several miles away, though, lol.

Man Of Much Metal

Postby Man Of Much Metal » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:44 pm

Wow, thanks everyone! I'm so grateful for the kind words & the massive support - what a way to boost someone's confidence...and ego :wink:
Matt
The Man of Much Metal

keifling

Postby keifling » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:53 pm

Our lists are quite different, but I enjoyed reading your views and opinions nevertheless, as usual.

Return to “PM: Core”