Apparently Warkings wasn’t enough ...

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

introclaus

Apparently Warkings wasn’t enough ...

Postby introclaus » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:32 pm

Napalm Records have more “joke bands” that they need to get out of their system ... this is truly ridiculous and I can’t see who would want to buy this for anything than a 10 second laugh:

https://youtu.be/HR6kOHccYRY
Claus Jensen

Harvester

Re: Apparently Warkings wasn’t enough ...

Postby Harvester » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:10 pm

I see a big difference here. Warkings is a serious attempt at jumping on the popularity of the masked/power metal genre. They are pushing it, touring, etc. I didn't care for it, but I don't think the label views this as a joke. Cash grab, sure.

The other is just Christopher getting really drunk and having a self-indulgent laugh. It's a digital only ep with no marketing other than a video that they did for peanuts. Napalm makes a few pennies and keeps him happy with the label. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if someone at the label lost a bet with him.

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:23 pm

Harvester wrote:I see a big difference here. Warkings is a serious attempt at jumping on the popularity of the masked/power metal genre. They are pushing it, touring, etc. I didn't care for it, but I don't think the label views this as a joke. Cash grab, sure.

The other is just Christopher getting really drunk and having a self-indulgent laugh. It's a digital only ep with no marketing other than a video that they did for peanuts. Napalm makes a few pennies and keeps him happy with the label. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if someone at the label lost a bet with him.

Yet there are a ton of wonderful and talented bands out there that’ll never get a shot at a record deal but thanks to nepotism acts like Warkings and this bunch of crap gets their music out to the masses.
Claus Jensen

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:24 pm

Harvester wrote:I see a big difference here. Warkings is a serious attempt at jumping on the popularity of the masked/power metal genre. They are pushing it, touring, etc. I didn't care for it, but I don't think the label views this as a joke. Cash grab, sure.

Agree. This beans joke is exactly the kind of stupid nonsense that Alestorm fans will buy for shits and giggles.

Return to “PM: Core”