Lance King - Reprogram...

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

Hearing Aid Man

Lance King - Reprogram...

Postby Hearing Aid Man » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:17 pm

Starbreaker, Dream Theater, Darkwater and now Lance King scheduled for an early 2019 release. Life is good.

Check out the new song and start the buzz...

https://youtu.be/InwDTnN3QyE
Last edited by Hearing Aid Man on Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sir Exar Kun

Re: Lance King - Reprogram...

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:55 pm

New 'Ryche and Neal Morse albums also. First two months are going to be significant.

Now, how good all these are compared to the rest of the year remains to be seen. It's been many years now since DT truly blew me away, so tempering expectations there.....
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:36 pm

Sir Exar Kun wrote:New 'Ryche and Neal Morse albums also. First two months are going to be significant.

Now, how good all these are compared to the rest of the year remains to be seen. It's been many years now since DT truly blew me away, so tempering expectations there.....

*** You and everyone else --- but I loved The Astonishing ...... so ........

prog_powermetal99

Postby prog_powermetal99 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:22 am

Looking forward to Lance King. I hated the latest DT, as I thought The Astonishing was complete garbage. Hopefully they've learned to write quality music again, although I still can't stand Labrie. Haven't liked anything he sung since Scenes of a Memory.

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:59 am

Dont forget the new Flotsam and new Evergrey
Tarja is a female woman

Sir Exar Kun

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:33 am

Sir Exar Kun wrote:
New 'Ryche and Neal Morse albums also. First two months are going to be significant.

*** You and everyone else --- but I loved The Astonishing ...... so ........

Definitely not hating on "Astonishing" as it's an OK album for what it is..... I just think that it could have been done better in many ways.... That being said, it certainly has a few moments of brilliance, but a lot of moments of tedium. The self-titled album before that was also..... Fine?.... But felt very paint-by-numbers somehow. "Dramatic Turn" was the last one that I REALLY loved, even though it was a very "safe" album for them.

This next one.... I expect something pseudo-heavier ala "Train of Thought" perhaps? We'll see. I'd LOVE to see a Dream Theater album making my top 5 once again.

And good call on the Evergrey! Very much looking forward to that one...... Within Temptation got bumped back to January also, and while I am not anticipating anything amazing, I still look forward to hearing Sharon's vocals again.....
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

Nos

Postby Nos » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:21 am

Sir Exar Kun wrote:Within Temptation got bumped back to January also, and while I am not anticipating anything amazing, I still look forward to hearing Sharon's vocals again.....

The singles have been severely underwhelming.

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:39 pm

Lance's single sounded good. His concepts are always a bit uh...out there, but that's no matter to me.

MEGALOUD

Postby MEGALOUD » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:09 pm

Appreciate the post... hope others check out my new track LIMITLESS too.... I'm feeling really good about the new album, while the concept may be pretty out there, this time the lyrics in general are accessible and open enough that they'll mean different things to different people and not leave you in a deep pool of WTF? :)

Return to “PM: Core”