https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xPrwiXVE74

The production looks fantastic!

introclaus

Re: Hey Larry, have you seen this?

Postby introclaus » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:15 am

prog_powermetal99 wrote:New King Diamond DVD Trailer - "Songs for the Dead"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xPrwiXVE74

The production looks fantastic!

Can’t wait for this - looks seriously incredible!!!!
Claus Jensen

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:29 pm

Yes I have -- Guillaume alerted me to it the other day, and I'm ecstatic !!!!!! Those shows are available on You Tube, but the quality obviously isn't as good as a bluray or dvd show ....... I've watched a few of them already - and they are indeed awesome. Really looking forward to this --- finally !!!!!!!!

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:26 am

It's finally about to arrive !!!!!!!!

https://shop.napalmrecords.com/king-dia ... u-ray.html

Already pre-ordered on Amazon !!!!!!! So it looks like we get 2 shows - one from a large festival and one from an indoor theater........ but the set list is the same. :?:
Not sure I get that one .......

I see he is doing the whole Abigail set - which is awesome, but just about nothing from THEM. I'm not sure I get that either --- this will undoubtedly be the last show he puts out on DVD, so why not 2 complete shows - one from THEM and one from ABIGAIL ? That's the way to go out with a bang....... play the whole THEM show, and other songs from his catalog on one, and then on the other, play the whole Abigail and other songs NOT found on the THEM show ...... Hell, I'd pay $100 for that !!!!!!!

Anyway - I digress....... it seems like getting anything from him ( on a fan level ) is like pulling teeth........ I guess I should be happy to be getting anything from him at this point, especially a show that has been in the making for what, 10 years ???

Amazon says it's being released on the 25th --- this guy is ready and waiting !!!!!

Rycher

Re: Hey Larry, have you seen this? King Diamond bluray

Postby Rycher » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:06 am

I've already ordered this from Amazon as well. The press release said that despite the same selists, they wanted to give fans two experiences - a large festival show and a more intimate club show with rabid King Diamond fans.

I'd rather have varied setlists - he played Evil at some shows, as well as Cremation, which included the whole cremation ceremony effect on stage. Having a few different songs from that tour would have been nice. But at least we're getting a real King Diamond live concert release with the big stage set, and at least they have the full Abigail performance. That's definitely worth it.

Return to “PM: Core”