Evanescence - Synthesis Live CD / DVD ......

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

Evanescence - Synthesis Live CD / DVD ......

Postby LarryD » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:58 am

Just when you wrote off Evanescence -- they come back with this incredible live show from 2017. This is the "Synthesis" show - from the 2017 disc, but here Amy and co. are fronting a massive orchestra and playing a ton of music. This particular package is the CD / DVD set - and I'll say it again - I wish more bands would do this.....put them in the package for the same price - awesome !!!!! There is a separate bluray / dvd available, but they look to be out of stock on Amazon at the moment, but this package is still available.

There is no need for a blu-ray of this show - the video and audio in standard def. are absolutely superb and exquisite, especially the sound. Amy's voice has matured - and that's obvious here - but that does not stop her from hitting the high notes - she does not down play them at all. She is as equally brilliant as the show itself... The band is more digitized here - as in the drums are partially electronic but that goes with the "Synthesis" sound I'm guessing and does not take away at all from this show. It's absolutely perfect in fact.......

19 songs of magnificent Evanescence - they filmed this at the Foxwoods Theater in CT, practically in my back yard ...... didn't even know it was going down......

Anyone still into Evanescence, or who has previously written them off - do yourself a favor and grab this show ...... it's just - exquisite - that's the word that keeps coming to mind......

And to the person who nabbed this one for me -- thanks so much I appreciate it greatly !!!!! Fantastic release.......

LASERCD

Re: Evanescence - Synthesis Live CD / DVD ......

Postby LASERCD » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:40 am

We will have the blu-ray and DVD versions up for sale tomorrow.

Sir Exar Kun

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:46 am

This one is on the "X-mas list" along with SEVERAL other recent live releases. Lacuna Coil, Opeth, Neal Morse (MUST OWN), and a Mr. Big show from earlier this year...... All good stuff.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:16 am

Sir Exar Kun wrote:This one is on the "X-mas list" along with SEVERAL other recent live releases. Lacuna Coil, Opeth, Neal Morse (MUST OWN), and a Mr. Big show from earlier this year...... All good stuff.

***Jay - I can't stress enough how awesome this Evanescence show is ........ to hear their music in front of a symphony orchestra with Amy's passionate vocals is nothing short of amazing....... I had basically written them off, just to enjoy everything I have from them already ..... this is a welcome surprise, and again, I can't describe how well done this is -- I literally had goosebumps on some of the songs.... it's just incredible to see her still belting these tunes out in a different, but incredible way.

ToddS
Site Admin

Postby ToddS » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:16 pm

This tour came through the hot south as well. It was a outdoor show in a less than ideal location during the summer. I didn’t make it.

If the DVD is that good, the Blu-ray should be that much better. If done right that is. I may grab the blu if this is the case.
"My songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold"

Return to “PM: Core”