Can't stop playing this Mötley Crüe song since a couple of days...

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

GaetanL

Can't stop playing this Mötley Crüe song since a couple of days...

Postby GaetanL » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:15 am

I recently watched the Blu-ray "The End - Live In Los Angeles" released in 2016 from Mötley Crüe.
In an interview on this Blu-ray, Nikki Sixx said he wanted to play the song "Piece Of Your Action" in this concert but there was not consensus among the band so they didn't play it.
I can't stop playing this song from their first album! Maybe I didn't play this album enough in the 80s compare to the next, "Shout At The Devil"... I had fun adding Mötley Crüe to my website...
Piece Of your Action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQEmYngYaOM
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

Chris R

Re: Can't stop playing this Mötley Crüe song since a couple of days...

Postby Chris R » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:38 am

That was New Years eve that year (2015-2016)
Me and Virtual Scott Mosher went to this show.

They legit went out with a bang that night

Now to that song and album.
I bought this after I picked up Shout at the Devil(which to me an most others was their high point and nice hybrid of true/slightly power with a little glam)

Too Fast for Love ,very raw almost a punk/party metal feel
Piece of Your Action is indeed one of my favorites by them.
Which they did play it live that night.
Tarja is a female woman

GaetanL

Postby GaetanL » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:40 am

Chris R wrote:Piece of Your Action is indeed one of my favorites by them.

Sure? This song is not on the Blu-ray. Also, like I said, in an interview on this Blu-ray, Nikki Sixx said he wanted to play the song "Piece Of Your Action" in this concert but there was not consensus among the band so they didn't play it.
I also checked on setlist.fm and this song is no where to be found on the last 3 shows in Los Angeles...
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

Sir Exar Kun

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:55 am

The first Crue album is definitely an awesome disc! They had a certain RAW sound that they never again quite managed to hit..... Vince sounded better on this album than at any other point. If not for the much-maligned John Corabi album (which I freakin' LOVE), the debut would be my favorite.....
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:05 pm

GaetanL wrote:
Chris R wrote:Piece of Your Action is indeed one of my favorites by them.

Sure? This song is not on the Blu-ray. Also, like I said, in an interview on this Blu-ray, Nikki Sixx said he wanted to play the song "Piece Of Your Action" in this concert but there was not consensus among the band so they didn't play it.
I also checked on setlist.fm and this song is no where to be found on the last 3 shows in Los Angeles...

Autocorrect from wish they played it
Tarja is a female woman

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:40 pm

Are we really discussing Motley Crue ???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:41 pm

Just kidding - you can discuss anything here, I just hate that band with a passion ...... ugh......... :wink:

TROY or maybe DEBBIE

Postby TROY or maybe DEBBIE » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:43 pm

THat first album captured the raw bluesy Motley Crue that for the most part, never reappeared. I think it's a classic.
You guys are like reverse sirens...

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:39 pm

LarryD wrote:Just kidding - you can discuss anything here, I just hate that band with a passion ...... ugh......... :wink:

Well to be fair they were as big a part of tbe 1983-1985 era of my teen life as was Queensryche,Rush Maiden,Dio,Priest,then Metallica was.

Motley was definitely a gateway band for many into the various genres of metal a lot of us our age still listen to these days.
Tarja is a female woman

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:59 am

Well to be fair they were as big a part of tbe 1983-1985 era of my teen life as was Queensryche,Rush Maiden,Dio,Priest,then Metallica was.

Motley was definitely a gateway band for many into the various genres of metal a lot of us our age still listen to these days.

*** Chris -- you make a good point, and we can really get a talk on this going ...... but in my case, see those bands you listed ? Those are the bands that kept me cleasr of bands like Motley Crue, Guns n Roses, Poison, etc etc ..... why ? While commercially as good or better than some of those bands, bands like MC couldn't hold a candle to the bands you listed - talent wise. So while I was heavily into Rush and Queensryche since their inception, it kept me away from listening to or appreciating bands like Motley Crue...... and that was a good thing. :wink:

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:47 am

LarryD wrote:

*** Chris -- you make a good point, and we can really get a talk on this going ...... but in my case, see those bands you listed ? Those are the bands that kept me cleasr of bands like Motley Crue, Guns n Roses, Poison, etc etc ..... why ? While commercially as good or better than some of those bands, bands like MC couldn't hold a candle to the bands you listed - talent wise. So while I was heavily into Rush and Queensryche since their inception, it kept me away from listening to or appreciating bands like Motley Crue...... and that was a good thing. :wink:

My gateway was courtesy of my cousins letting me listen along back in 1976 to Rush 2112 and that was the first album (of non children's music)I ever owned(the insane vocals is what got me interested as I never heard a human sound like that before)
Then came Rainbow
I guess you can say I had a good influence early.
As far as the butt rock stuff,Shout at the Devil was my first exposure to then and at the time they kinda fit with what I was listening to,being that it was more pure metal than pop fluff(and their image was a cool metal look as well)
If anything it was only the first wave of the LA scene (Motley,Ratt,Dokken and WASP,who to me were never really hair metal),that I liked,and by 1986 when i found thrash i started to lose interest,especially when the 2nd wave stated to hit,which was mostly pretty looking men writing and playing pop music with distortion (Tesla being the exception)

But that entire scene definitely was a gateway
My first gf (the one that passed in the accident )got into metal with that first wave,which then lead her to Queensryche when they opened for Kiss(she told me she was so blown away by them that she left halfway through Kiss' set),which lead her to Awaken the Guardian (while everyone else from her squad was all about the freestyle type dance music and Bon Jovi and couldn't get Fates)
Tarja is a female woman

Sir Exar Kun

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:45 pm

Same here..... Crue was a gateway band before getting into heavier bands and eventually prog and power metal.

My parents listened to country music while I was growing up, so instead I turned to pop music like Prince and Duran Duran. Later in the 80's that transitioned into hair metal, before discovering Queensryche on the Empire release...... That right there was the game changer that opened the doors to everything else.

Despite that changeover, hair bands like Crue, Ratt, Dokken, Def Lep, Warrant, Winger, etc all still hold a special place in my collection. Said it before, but just because I love a good filet, doesn't mean I can't also enjoy a cheap slider too.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

Digital Man

Postby Digital Man » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:44 pm

I liked the first 2 albums back in the day, but lost interest in anything afterwards.
Güy

Return to “PM: Core”