Ghost Ship Octavius - Delirium

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

Man Of Much Metal

Ghost Ship Octavius - Delirium

Postby Man Of Much Metal » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:43 am

Hi Everyone,

Question: why is this band not more popular? Ok, so I know the answer sadly, but it's still insane - Matthew Wicklund on guitar, Van Williams on drums for heaven's sake & a killer vocalist in Adon Fanion...madness, I tell you.

The new album, 'Delirium', is absolutely superb too - check out my review if you're so inclined...

https://manofmuchmetal.com/2018/09/28/g ... um-review/

Honestly peeps, I urge you to give this a listen if you haven't already.

Cheers,
Matt
Matt
The Man of Much Metal
The Blog Of Much Metal: https://manofmuchmetal.com/

introclaus

Re: Ghost Ship Octavius - Delirium

Postby introclaus » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:14 am

Matt,

thank you for letting me know about this - I loved the debut, and was hoping they'd get around to do a second disc. However, there's really been no mention of this album anywhere that I frequent (I'm one of those who does not have any social media outlets ...), and apparently this disc isn't available on iTunes which is where I purchase 95% of my music these days. Since there isn't a physical disc available either I had to compromise and get it on Amazon Music as a download, which isn't my preferred method at all ... oh well. Shame on the band (and their management) for not getting them a record deal in place or at least proper distribution.

On second listen now and this is awesome stuff. I think your review is 100% correct - they've retained the great melodies and the technical parts and added another layer of drama (darkness) to it. I agree with you on the obvious Nevermore parts, the Beyond Twilight parts and the fact that this band isn't afraid to venture away from "melodic prog metal" if they want to.

Now, one more thing I'd like to point out Matt, is that you've quickly become my favorite reviewer - I don't necessarily agree with you, but when I read your reviews I can ALWAYS imagine exactly what the music sounds like. It might not be something I'd appreciate musically speaking, but your reviews are 99.999% of the time spot on! Please keep up the good work!

c.
Claus Jensen

Man Of Much Metal

Postby Man Of Much Metal » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:31 am

Hi Claus,

I'm speechless. All I can say is a heartfelt 'thank you' :D

Cheers,
Matt
Matt
The Man of Much Metal

Packgrog

Postby Packgrog » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:35 am

Sweet! I loved the first album. Hope the new one holds up. Bummer that the original bassist left. Not enough women in metal bands.

EDIT: Hmmm... That first released track doesn't sound much like the previous album at all. Not sure how I feel about this...

Hearing Aid Man

Postby Hearing Aid Man » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:45 pm

[quote"]Hmmm... That first released track doesn't sound much like the previous album at all. Not sure how I feel about this...[/quote]

I think this is going to be killer again...

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/ghostshipoctavius3

Paul of the Hills

Postby Paul of the Hills » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:33 pm

WHY, OH WHY, O MAN OF MUCH METAL, IS THIS BAND NOT HUGE?!?

I recently lost memory of my previous login info for this board, but I re-registered just for this thread.

I'm anxiously awaiting for this new album on CD. I missed the kickstarter but donated during the recording process.

Just listening to the one minute teaser gave me goosebumps. I listen to a lot of music, and I haven't experienced that in some time! Aldo even sounded like LaBrie but smoother and less affected.

Seriously, why aren't these guys signed to Nuclear Blast or Frontiers or Napalm or Century Media?!? Please enlighten me. Have some bridges been burnt?

I pray that these guys don't end up in the King's X friend zone, because they are brilliant. /RANT

Nos

Postby Nos » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:44 pm

Paul of the Hills wrote:WHY, OH WHY, O MAN OF MUCH METAL, IS THIS BAND NOT HUGE?!?

For one thing, even though I try to keep up with the news, I had no idea they were even working on new stuff. It can work being independent, but you need much better PR than this.

Man Of Much Metal

Postby Man Of Much Metal » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:09 pm

Paul of the Hills wrote:WHY, OH WHY, O MAN OF MUCH METAL, IS THIS BAND NOT HUGE?!?

I recently lost memory of my previous login info for this board, but I re-registered just for this thread.

I'm anxiously awaiting for this new album on CD. I missed the kickstarter but donated during the recording process.

Just listening to the one minute teaser gave me goosebumps. I listen to a lot of music, and I haven't experienced that in some time! Aldo even sounded like LaBrie but smoother and less affected.

Seriously, why aren't these guys signed to Nuclear Blast or Frontiers or Napalm or Century Media?!? Please enlighten me. Have some bridges been burnt?

I pray that these guys don't end up in the King's X friend zone, because they are brilliant. /RANT

Totally agree with your sentiment and my review states much the same - it was accident that led me to the new album, not PR.

I have since sent the band a few leads for management/PR, so hopefully something will work out and GSO will become huge. It's only a matter of time, surely??!
Matt
The Man of Much Metal

Return to “PM: Core”