Top 10 List Post Prog Power........

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

Top 10 List Post Prog Power........

Postby LarryD » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:24 pm

Life always changes after Prog Power....... you hear more music during that time than you do the rest of the year........you discover more music, more gems, and find discs you didn't think would blow you away ........ and it changes your top list - and then there will be another one at the end of the year.......so at this time, I think I've got my Top 10 ( or Top 9 ) at the moment..... I'm hoping that Seventh Wonder and Haken will complete my list - but for now ........in no order at all until the final post in December.

Ostura / The Room *
Tomorrow's Eve / Mirror of Creation Part 3 *
Arena / Double Vision
Michael Romeo / War of the Worlds Part 1
Subsignal / La Muerta
Redemption / Long Night's Journey Into Day
Kingcrow / The Persistence *
Mystery / Lies & Butterflies
Manimal / Purgatorio

I could throw Amorphis / Queen of Time at the #10 spot...... but I'm going to wait a bit. I'm guessing that Seventh Wonder will be a good part of this list when it comes out as will Haken. The * after those three bands are currently fighting it out for the #1 spot ....... I'm proud to see Manimal on that list - I'm having so much fun with it......
Michael Romeo's disc came out of nowhere and blew me away - it's currently my go to disc.......as is the Manimal. Kingcrow is insane as always ....... #4 in a row. It plays about twice a day......also could put Ayreon Universe Live on there as well ........

My biggest disappointment is not seeing an Orphaned Land disc on my Top 10 list .... I just can't get into it like everyone else is ........

Hearing Aid Man

Re: Top 10 List Post Prog Power........

Postby Hearing Aid Man » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:17 pm

Hekz? :shock:

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:36 pm

Hearing Aid Man wrote:Hekz? :shock:

*** I'm embarrassed to say that I lost the disc in the packing up of my collection recently - and can't find it anywhere ..... I've got the case, not the disc itself. I'm sure I doubled up another CD case with it by accident ....... for that reason, I can't play it - and haven't played it in months - so in all fairness I couldn't put it on there.......

I will have to re-buy this one at some point, and then I can safely insert it into my Top 10 faithfully ............. :)

Nos

Postby Nos » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Sadly, I don't have anything prog/power near the top of my list. There have been some I like, but none that have wowed me enough. Redemption and Seventh Wonder are good, but not as enjoyable as some of the more 'rock' stuff I've been listening to.

My favs are Light The Torch, Halestorm, Ghost, and Graveyard. The album from The Unity is growing on me a lot, and is a dark horse.

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:46 am

:twisted:
LarryD wrote:Life always changes after Prog Power....... you hear more music during that time than you do the rest of the year........you discover more music, more gems, and find discs you didn't think would blow you away ........ and it changes your top list - and then there will be another one at the end of the year.......so at this time, I think I've got my Top 10 ( or Top 9 ) at the moment..... I'm hoping that Seventh Wonder and Haken will complete my list - but for now ........in no order at all until the final post in December.

Ostura / The Room *
Tomorrow's Eve / Mirror of Creation Part 3 *
Arena / Double Vision
Michael Romeo / War of the Worlds Part 1
Subsignal / La Muerta
Redemption / Long Night's Journey Into Day
Kingcrow / The Persistence *
Mystery / Lies & Butterflies
Manimal / Purgatorio

I could throw Amorphis / Queen of Time at the #10 spot...... but I'm going to wait a bit. I'm guessing that Seventh Wonder will be a good part of this list when it comes out as will Haken. The * after those three bands are currently fighting it out for the #1 spot ....... I'm proud to see Manimal on that list - I'm having so much fun with it......
Michael Romeo's disc came out of nowhere and blew me away - it's currently my go to disc.......as is the Manimal. Kingcrow is insane as always ....... #4 in a row. It plays about twice a day......also could put Ayreon Universe Live on there as well ........

My biggest disappointment is not seeing an Orphaned Land disc on my Top 10 list .... I just can't get into it like everyone else is ........

Great list Larry. 3-4 (amorphis, Kingcrow, arena, Ostura) of those are hovering around close to my top 10 and probably 2 of them will end up there.

I think the biggest change in the last month for me is the new Voivod which has pushed its way straight up to #2 or perhaps even #1. Another new one entering top 10 in the past month is the upcoming Be The Wolf (which I honestly don’t expect anyone around here to care about haha).

C.
Claus Jensen

Return to “PM: Core”