Manimal / Purgatorio .......

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

Manimal / Purgatorio .......

Postby LarryD » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:13 am

No one seems to be talking about the new Manimal ....... especially after their great set at PP. Normally, I would pass on this band right away as it seems to 80's for me, but even though I loved Trapped in the Shadows, I believe that the new one actually outdoes that one for me. This disc is right out of the Painkiller camp - and if you're going to do that, you have to have the right singer and the right chops. This band has both. Admittedly, I find myself playing air guitar and fist pumping to this disc....the riffs are a Priest / Serenity combination - and this band ( to me ) is a combination of those two bands minus the symphonics of Serenity. In fact, I found myself thinking that if this band added more symphonics, they could be the next Serenity. I heard some quick choir patches here and there and wanted more......I also think they could benefit from a second guitarist as well...... but overall, when I just want to headbang and not think about anything - this disc fits the bill perfectly. I have not found a filler song on this disc - and I've spun it 3 times today ....... super catchy, riff heavy, and of course, the stratospheric singer makes this one a pure metal winner !!!!!

Sir Exar Kun

Re: Manimal / Purgatorio .......

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:40 am

I hear more Angel Dust than anything in them..... Minus the keyboards, unfortunately. I liked the new disc, but not as much as the last one. Of course, I wasn't caught up in the PP ecstasy either though......

Solid band, delivering some classic melodic metal. No frills, and none needed.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

Return to “PM: Core”