Order placed from The Lasers Edge - finally.

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

Order placed from The Lasers Edge - finally.

Postby LarryD » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:23 pm

I've been chomping at the bit to get some CDs into this house - it's being re-modeled so I don't have my whole system set up to play discs, so I've been streaming everything.....for the record, I hate it. Well, I love Alexa, but I want the damn disc in my hand so I can see things.....like the new Redemption lyrics. I rigged up a secondary system so I can now play CDs, so I placed an order with TLE -- here it is:

Green Carnation / Last Day of Darkness - DVD / CD -
There isn't much to be said about this except that if you saw their PP show last year, you were privy to something special and surreal. If you didn't see it, and you are a fan of the CD, you owe it to yourself to grab this one. I expected a "good" show from this band after so many years of putting the CD out, but I couldn't believe what I saw, heard and felt from this show. One of the best ever at PP. It's not the PP show, but I'm hoping I get the same feeling I had when seeing it live.

A Dying Planet / Facing the Incurable -
I was hoping for a Cynthesis / Part 3 disc .... but I'll take this anytime. Troy Tipton singing ? I'll take it - although Erik is on one of the tracks ? I'll take that too. I'm a Zero Hour fan, but I actually like the Cynthesis material better - yeah I'm a wuss, but I love these guys in the atmospheric mode.

Redemption / Long Night's Journey Into Day -
Again not much to be said about this. It's getting great reviews, most people here love it, Tom fits in wonderfully, and I'm loving this the more I stream it daily. I want the lyrics - yeah I can get them online - I want the physical disc booklet - it's Nick after all.

Michael Romeo / War of the Worlds Part 1 -
One of my most streamed discs as of late. I cannot get enough of this thing, and I can't believe how good this is. This singer is incredible, and the music is basically more symphonic SX, but I'll take this any day........ this thing shows that Romeo is the best of the best, and he can write an awesome disc. Guitarist, composer extraordinaire. I love this.

Of course, in my excitement, I left out The Paradox Twin from the order, but there is a next time ............... :wink:

Return to “PM: Core”