Images of Eden - Soulrise (new release)

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

outprogged42

Images of Eden - Soulrise (new release)

Postby outprogged42 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:51 pm

This US band has been pretty obscure for a while, but the video for "Shield Me" seemed to ruffle a few feathers in the metal world and even with this board's members. Their fourth album just came out and so far it seems to be their breakthrough, as it's gaining them a good deal more web press and interviews.

Think somewhere in between Queensrÿche, Fates Warning, Alter Bridge and Iron Maiden, with some prog, groove, modern heavy and classic metal elements coming together into something a little bit hard to categorize and different from typical metal music. The consistently positive and uplifting mood is also very fresh when compared to what's typically going around in metal.

Here's a teaser and a full song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPpteCgNo9I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekAooXGsLhs

Random Axe

Re: Images of Eden - Soulrise (new release)

Postby Random Axe » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:51 am

As I mentioned earlier ordered this and should be here Tuesday! Sounds like a serious evolution in their sound, production and vocals. This one I feel is gonna be GOOD!

outprogged42

Re: Images of Eden - Soulrise (new release)

Postby outprogged42 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Random Axe wrote:As I mentioned earlier ordered this and should be here Tuesday! Sounds like a serious evolution in their sound, production and vocals. This one I feel is gonna be GOOD!

I really like just about every song, but I feel like the album gets stronger in the second half when the songwriting starts varying up a bit more, the tracks are given more room to progress and the keyboards are utilized more often. Despite that I'd say this is much more metal than it is progressive. The more direct riff-based metal bullets are generally fantastic as well, but they do edge on blending together a little.

Return to “PM: Core”