New Plini EP - Sunhead

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

Mardoch

New Plini EP - Sunhead

Postby Mardoch » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:10 pm

Absolutely incredible. Super jazzy with plenty of shreddy chops on display. I don't think Plini knows how to make non-amazing music.

https://plini.bandcamp.com/album/sunhead

outprogged42

Re: New Plini EP - Sunhead

Postby outprogged42 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:22 am

I think the first two songs on Handmade Cities are some of the best jazz-fusion prog you'll ever hear, and a good deal of the remaining album is of a similar standard. Sunhead is a very good follow-up, and despite what some people say is still plenty hefty enough for me. "Kind" is my favorite track; its joy and playfulness are just the way I like Plini.

ToddS
Site Admin

Postby ToddS » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:53 am

Damn I meant to check this yesterday. I’m on it today. His playing is so effortless and smooth. Every note perfect.
"My songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold"

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:20 am

outprogged42 wrote:I think the first two songs on Handmade Cities are some of the best jazz-fusion prog you'll ever hear, and a good deal of the remaining album is of a similar standard. Sunhead is a very good follow-up, and despite what some people say is still plenty hefty enough for me. "Kind" is my favorite track; its joy and playfulness are just the way I like Plini.

Amen. My personal favorite is Flaneur, because it has some very serious Snarky Puppy vibes. The whole 20 minutes of the EP are just delightful music though.

Return to “PM: Core”