Haken - New Record (Vector) This Year

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

ToddS
Site Admin

Haken - New Record (Vector) This Year

Postby ToddS » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:41 pm

Scroll down a few post for updated info.

I thought this one was going to be a 2019 release, but it’s being reported that it will be released by year’s end.

Said to be heavier and darker! :shock:

I’m beyond stoked for this one. I still can’t get enough Haken.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.metalinj ... -album/amp

http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=5338

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.louder ... -this-year
"My songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold"

Hearing Aid Man

Re: Haken - New Record This Year

Postby Hearing Aid Man » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:50 pm

Last one was a little different, but I liked it. Very interested in whatever they do.

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:31 pm

That would be a hell of a treat on top of an already very strong year. Gimme gimme gimme!

ToddS
Site Admin

Postby ToddS » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:35 am

HAKEN ANNOUNCE FIFTH STUDIO ALBUM "VECTOR”

HAKEN, one of progressive music’s most exciting bands, have announced details of their much-anticipated fifth studio album titled ‘Vector’, due for release on the 26th October 2018.

The album will be available as Limited edition 2CD Mediabook (including instrumental versions), Gatefold vinyl 2LP + CD, Standard CD Jewelcase & as digital download. You can find the track-listing below.

Track listing

1. Clear
2. The Good Doctor
3. Puzzle Box
4. Veil
5. Nil By Mouth
6. Host
7. A Cell Divides

https://hakenmusic.com/blog/post/haken- ... udio-album

More excited than ever for this one! Redemption, Seventh Wonder, Kingcrow, and now Haken with new releases in the same year!? It doesn’t get any better than that for me.

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: Haken - New Record (Vector) This Year

Postby LarryD » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:17 pm

Those 4 releases alone are enough to screw up an awesome Top 10 list ...... they will all go into the Top 10 easily - but where is a mystery. I have a feeling some discs are gonna get bumped .......

Those 4 releases make up a fantastic year without anything else coming out - I can't remember a better year recently ........ this is amazing.

Harvester

Postby Harvester » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:16 pm

LarryD wrote: - but where is a mystery.

Not in the Top 10 for fucking sure.

"Even the nights are better...."

ToddS
Site Admin

Postby ToddS » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:46 pm

Harvester wrote:
LarryD wrote: - but where is a mystery.

Not in the Top 10 for fucking sure.

"Even the nights are better...."

I see what you did there. lol

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:09 pm

ToddS wrote:Image

HAKEN ANNOUNCE FIFTH STUDIO ALBUM "VECTOR”

HAKEN, one of progressive music’s most exciting bands, have announced details of their much-anticipated fifth studio album titled ‘Vector’, due for release on the 26th October 2018.

The album will be available as Limited edition 2CD Mediabook (including instrumental versions), Gatefold vinyl 2LP + CD, Standard CD Jewelcase & as digital download. You can find the track-listing below.

Track listing

1. Clear
2. The Good Doctor
3. Puzzle Box
4. Veil
5. Nil By Mouth
6. Host
7. A Cell Divides

https://hakenmusic.com/blog/post/haken- ... udio-album

More excited than ever for this one! Redemption, Seventh Wonder, Kingcrow, and now Haken with new releases in the same year!? It doesn’t get any better than that for me.

Yes it does get better because you forgot the new Riverside
Tarja is a female woman

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:19 pm

Genuinely fuckin excited!

RickyRock

Postby RickyRock » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:52 am

Again they are offering a limited 2 cd release which includes the instrumental versions of the songs. Good for some but I’ll be honest,. I have a hard time listening to the instrumental versions because I find myself humming or singing along and thus missing the great vocals of Ross Jennings. I then hit stop and start the tunes over with the brilliant voices. Saying all this I am beyond stoked for this!! Haken has taken over the musical side of my brain. This band can do no wrong so I’m getting ready for a musical ass whooping like I’ve never had this October.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:17 pm

RickyRock wrote:Again they are offering a limited 2 cd release which includes the instrumental versions of the songs. Good for some but I’ll be honest,. I have a hard time listening to the instrumental versions because I find myself humming or singing along and thus missing the great vocals of Ross Jennings. I then hit stop and start the tunes over with the brilliant voices. Saying all this I am beyond stoked for this!! Haken has taken over the musical side of my brain. This band can do no wrong so I’m getting ready for a musical ass whooping like I’ve never had this October.

*** I agree with this 100% .... Haken has taken over the prog world !!!! The instrumentals are awesome, and like you, I find myself going back to the lyrics which I miss when I hear the music ......

That said - the re-mastered version of Aquarius is to die for ....... I pushed it so much when it came out I think I turned off people to it ....... it's like a brand new version, they did a great job with the sound on that one ..... Visions didn't need it, but you can hear it big time on Aquarius...... I know people don't go much in for re-masters, but Aquarius is essential.......

Return to “PM: Core”