Now this is humbling - and cool - even if it is Dave Grohl.....

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

Now this is humbling - and cool - even if it is Dave Grohl.....

Postby LarryD » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:50 am

With so many egos, attitudes and shitheads out there in the music world, it's nice to see someone come out and say this about Neil Peart:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/would- ... t-in-rush/

And I agree -- I think there would be a lot of people trying to kick his ass if so .......... :wink:

Don't even suggest something like this. It hurts even to read it. He was cool about it .......

nvandyk

Re: Now this is humbling - and cool - even if it is Dave Grohl.....

Postby nvandyk » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:32 am

Grohl is actually a remarkable musician and by all accounts an incredibly humble and decent guy. Doesn’t surprise me at all that he would respond this way. He is a class guy all around — I am not a Nirvana fan but I do like the Foo Fighters and him personally. Does a ton of stuff with kids with I think is really cool. And respects Peary, Zeppelin and Lemmy in equal measure. How can you not love him? :)

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:07 am

nvandyk wrote:Grohl is actually a remarkable musician and by all accounts an incredibly humble and decent guy. Doesn’t surprise me at all that he would respond this way. He is a class guy all around — I am not a Nirvana fan but I do like the Foo Fighters and him personally. Does a ton of stuff with kids with I think is really cool. And respects Peary, Zeppelin and Lemmy in equal measure. How can you not love him? :)

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Grohl's a pretty great dude.

GaetanL

Postby GaetanL » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:39 am

I have on Blu-ray the Rush documentary "Beyond The Lighted Stage". If I remember correctly the band said that without Neil Peart this is the end of Rush... So if it's still true, this might be the end...
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:03 am

GaetanL wrote:I have on Blu-ray the Rush documentary "Beyond The Lighted Stage". If I remember correctly the band said that without Neil Peart this is the end of Rush... So if it's still true, this might be the end...

***I remember that segment - and also remember Grohl and Jack Black being on the bluray, and asking myself " what the f@#k are these guys ( especially Black ) doing on MY Rush video ?? Ok, I get it - they are fans ...... but Jack Black trying to explain what Rush was all about and how their music works ??? WTF ???? I digress.......

I don't know much about Grohl other than the bands he was in - and I'm saying, someone is actually asking him would he take the spot if offered ? First off, who dare ask him that question ? But in the end, I was humbled by the fact that he was humbled by the fact that he could never play those parts Peart played...... so I was settled at that point. :wink:

Nobody replaces Peart - NOBODY !!!!!! :x

Return to “PM: Core”