Widek - Dream Reflection

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

Mardoch

Widek - Dream Reflection

Postby Mardoch » Sat May 26, 2018 10:16 pm

Pretty sure a few of us got into this guy with his last album. The available tunes for this new one indicate that the quality is still there.

https://widekmusic.bandcamp.com/album/dream-reflection

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: Widek - Dream Reflection

Postby LarryD » Mon May 28, 2018 1:16 pm

Funny you write this -- I just played the previous Widek disc before I read this ..... I was thinking about how good this thing was for an instrumental ..... I know he has previous outings, and I was wondering if he would put out another disc ..... you answered my question. One of the few instrumentals I really enjoy on a regular basis.....

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Mon May 28, 2018 9:16 pm

Love me some Widek...
Really cool atmospheric instrumental style
Tarja is a female woman

ToddS
Site Admin

Postby ToddS » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:58 am

Really cool stuff. Looking forward to more.
"My songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold"

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:56 pm

Chris and others - you should check out Distant Dream some time ...... lighter and more atmospheric than Widek, and I believe it's the same guy ......... I think it's download only, but it's worth the $10 I paid for it .........I play it more than the Widek even though I like this type of music to be heavier........

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:24 pm

LarryD wrote:Chris and others - you should check out Distant Dream some time ...... lighter and more atmospheric than Widek, and I believe it's the same guy ......... I think it's download only, but it's worth the $10 I paid for it .........I play it more than the Widek even though I like this type of music to be heavier........

Different dudes. Seemingly similar inspirations, though. I endorse both if you're a fan of guitar instrumental prog.

For those so inclined, here's the new Distant Dream.
https://distantdream.bandcamp.com/album/your-own-story

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:08 am

Mardoch wrote:
LarryD wrote:Chris and others - you should check out Distant Dream some time ...... lighter and more atmospheric than Widek, and I believe it's the same guy ......... I think it's download only, but it's worth the $10 I paid for it .........I play it more than the Widek even though I like this type of music to be heavier........

Different dudes. Seemingly similar inspirations, though. I endorse both if you're a fan of guitar instrumental prog.

For those so inclined, here's the new Distant Dream.
https://distantdream.bandcamp.com/album/your-own-story

***I'm all over that new Distant Dream -- thanks ..... Doug, doesn't the Widek dude have another project as well like Distant Dream ?? A softer Widek type project ? I thought I read that ??

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:37 am

I don't know, honestly. I'd have to go looking around for it. However, Widek has a guest spot on the new album from the dude who is Distant Dream...so unless they're doing some Inception level shit for laughs...lol

outprogged42

Postby outprogged42 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:55 am

Honestly sometimes it's difficult to tell the two guys apart stylistically, although perhaps Distant Dream is less heavy and fast, and more progressively inclined.

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:36 pm

Shit, two guys from a country not called USA playing music somewhat similar to each other - they obviously must be one and the same!

Lol ;)
Claus Jensen

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:47 pm

Don't pass this one up. It's out now and it's really great.

outprogged42

Postby outprogged42 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:17 pm

There are a couple of tunes on this disc that break the mold for him. "False Paradise" even without the extra version's surprise is a rather extreme-leaning song and a couple others have a proggy flair. Otherwise it's business mostly as usual but a great disc.

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:24 pm

outprogged42 wrote:There are a couple of tunes on this disc that break the mold for him. "False Paradise" even without the extra version's surprise is a rather extreme-leaning song and a couple others have a proggy flair. Otherwise it's business mostly as usual but a great disc.

Unsurprisingly that's my favorite tune on the disk. I was pleasantly surprised when all that heavy kicked in.

Return to “PM: Core”