Kaiser’s Bart - Meister5tuck

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

introclaus

Kaiser’s Bart - Meister5tuck

Postby introclaus » Sun May 06, 2018 7:55 pm

Any album going by the title “masterpiece” (albeit in German) gotta be pretty damn good or pretty damn full of itself ... In this case I’m happy to report that the first situation is at hand. A band made up of members and ex-members from such bands as dreamscape, Ivanhoe, subsignal and Vanden Plas will obviously end up sounding like good ol’ prog Metal should do, and yeah any references to dream theater and Vanden Plas won’t be too far off. However, this album, while really really really good, is an acquired taste - if you are an ol’ time musical racist (lol) that can not listen to music sung in any other language but English, then by all means stay far away from it, however if you don’t mind some German languaged prog then check this out ASAP - it’s really that good!

https://vimeo.com/256281551
Last edited by introclaus on Mon May 07, 2018 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Claus Jensen

Mardoch

Re: Kaiser’s Bart - Meister5tuck

Postby Mardoch » Sun May 06, 2018 8:29 pm

Are there any streams of it anywhere? I'm definitely intrigued.

Hearing Aid Man

Postby Hearing Aid Man » Sun May 06, 2018 9:50 pm

There are short samples on Amazon. The vocalist is M Mang (Ivanhoe). I know some don't care for him much. I like the clips.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Mon May 07, 2018 7:36 am

However, this album, while really really really good, is an acquired taste - if you are an ol’ time musical racist (lol) that can not listen to music sung in any other language but English, then by all means stay far away from it, however if you don’t mind some German languaged prog then check this out ASAP - it’s really that good!

*** Raises hand as one of those who need their lyrics in English .......... learning to accept growlies in music is one thing - learning to accept lyrics in any language except my own is another thing ....... :|

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Wed May 09, 2018 12:16 pm

Did anyone try it out? I’m really in awe of how good this album is.
Claus Jensen

Sparky

Postby Sparky » Wed May 09, 2018 2:18 pm

LarryD wrote:*** Raises hand as one of those who need their lyrics in English .......... learning to accept growlies in music is one thing - learning to accept lyrics in any language except my own is another thing ....... :|

In German, no less. GAG. Sorry, Germans.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Wed May 09, 2018 5:43 pm

introclaus wrote:Did anyone try it out? I’m really in awe of how good this album is.

*** You already know my feelings on this ...... :wink: After more listen - I still deem that the lyrics don't cut it in German for me, and the singer is just wrong for this type of music ....... I didn't care for him in Ivanhoe, so no way he is going to cut it here..........put those two items together and that's a recipe for no way ........ a shame really, music is excellent.......

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Wed May 09, 2018 6:21 pm

LarryD wrote:
introclaus wrote:Did anyone try it out? I’m really in awe of how good this album is.

*** You already know my feelings on this ...... :wink: After more listen - I still deem that the lyrics don't cut it in German for me, and the singer is just wrong for this type of music ....... I didn't care for him in Ivanhoe, so no way he is going to cut it here..........put those two items together and that's a recipe for no way ........ a shame really, music is excellent.......

Except he is way better here than he was in Ivanhoe.
Claus Jensen

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Fri May 11, 2018 5:25 pm

introclaus wrote:
LarryD wrote:

***That's like saying Hansi Kursch is better now than he was on Night at the Opera......... :wink:

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Fri May 11, 2018 6:12 pm

LarryD wrote:
introclaus wrote:
LarryD wrote:

***That's like saying Hansi Kursch is better now than he was on Night at the Opera......... :wink:

I would hope so - night at the opera truly was a low point in Bgs history.
Claus Jensen

ToddS
Site Admin

Postby ToddS » Fri May 11, 2018 9:34 pm

This is solid stuff. Nothing I’m running out to buy or anything, but worth a listen.
I expected the German singing to be more abrasive, but it was quite smooth actually.

I bet you guys that won’t try this don’t watch subtitled movies either. :P
"My songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold"

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Fri May 11, 2018 10:00 pm

introclaus wrote:
LarryD wrote:
introclaus wrote:

I would hope so - night at the opera truly was a low point in Bgs history.

Lol, I love that album.

As far as the Kaiser's Bart goes, I checked out the trailer and there's definitely promise there. I'm going to check out more on it.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sat May 12, 2018 8:44 am

What I was referring to was not the specific album by Blind Guardian - but I was using that as a time frame for comparison ..... Claus is saying that the Kaiser dude sounds better here than he did in Ivanhoe .... I'm saying that he doesn't ...... using Hansi Kursch as a comparison ....... so close your eyes, pick a BG disc, and use that as a time frame for Hansi - meaning that he doesn't sound any better now than he did on ( insert a BG disc here ) ........... :wink:

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Sat May 12, 2018 12:02 pm

LarryD wrote:What I was referring to was not the specific album by Blind Guardian - but I was using that as a time frame for comparison ..... Claus is saying that the Kaiser dude sounds better here than he did in Ivanhoe .... I'm saying that he doesn't ...... using Hansi Kursch as a comparison ....... so close your eyes, pick a BG disc, and use that as a time frame for Hansi - meaning that he doesn't sound any better now than he did on ( insert a BG disc here ) ........... :wink:

Huh?
No clue what you just said there lol :)
Claus Jensen

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sat May 12, 2018 12:21 pm

Mardoch misunderstood the point I was trying to make about singers....... I was just explaining my post......

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Sat May 12, 2018 12:42 pm

LarryD wrote:Mardoch misunderstood the point I was trying to make about singers....... I was just explaining my post......

No, I was responding to Claus' dislike of Night at the Opera. He and I have some hilariously far apart opinions on these things and they just amuse me greatly.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sat May 12, 2018 12:46 pm

Mardoch wrote:
LarryD wrote:Mardoch misunderstood the point I was trying to make about singers....... I was just explaining my post......

No, I was responding to Claus' dislike of Night at the Opera. He and I have some hilariously far apart opinions on these things and they just amuse me greatly.

*** same here....... :lol:

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Sat May 12, 2018 1:24 pm

Mardoch wrote:

That’s the great thing about Music - no two people hear the same. It would be horrible if we all liked the same.

In my opinion NatO is one of the weakest BG discs, only Twist in the Myth was weaker.
Claus Jensen

gazinwales

Postby gazinwales » Sat May 12, 2018 11:13 pm

I listen to many bands that sing/growl in their native non-english tongue.
Musically this is great, but vocally and lyrically not working at all for me.

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Sat May 12, 2018 11:20 pm

Sounds interesting
And I liked this vocalist in Ivanhoe....
Tarja is a female woman

Return to “PM: Core”