The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

Harvester

New Seventh Wonder tune

Postby Harvester » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:43 am

Nos

Re: New Seventh Wonder tune

Postby Nos » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:35 am

Now there's some prog metal I can get behind. That sounds really good, and certainly way better than what Tommy does to afford being in Seventh Wonder.

Hearing Aid Man

Postby Hearing Aid Man » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:32 am

Awesome! Wouldn't have expected anything less. Only wondering what my #2 cd of 2018 will be. :D

Kez

Postby Kez » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:01 am

Excellent tune. It's going to be a long wait for this one. Sure do love these guys.

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:41 am

Tasty

Can't wait
Tarja is a female woman

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:34 pm

This is so good ........ they're baaaaaaaaack !!!!!!! Cannot wait for this one ..........

ToddS
Site Admin

Postby ToddS » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Excellent! Such a great band that has their own thing going.
"My songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold"

ToddS
Site Admin

Postby ToddS » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Nos wrote:Now there's some prog metal I can get behind. That sounds really good, and certainly way better than what Tommy does to afford being in Seventh Wonder.

You and I practically never agree, but I couldn't agree with you more on that last part. :lol:

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Gonna be "that guy" real quick, but here's the official link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhubRsr11rk

Also, YESSSS! I need this one something serious.

Man Of Much Metal

Postby Man Of Much Metal » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:50 pm

This is in no way a dig at Kamelot, because I've said all I've said on that score...but this is the Tommy that I want to hear - full of passion, individuality and lending his killer pipes to some excellent, intelligent and melodic prog. No-one sounds quite like SW and that's the biggest accolade I can give right now. I'll add my voice to the 'I can't wait' chorus!!
Matt
The Man of Much Metal
The Blog Of Much Metal: https://manofmuchmetal.com/

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Fri May 18, 2018 9:12 am

I thought "Victorious" was a sub-par song for these guys, but the new single "Tiara's Song" is really good. Reminds me of the "Waiting in the Wings" happy prog style ..
Claus Jensen

Hearing Aid Man

Postby Hearing Aid Man » Fri May 18, 2018 9:56 am

Nos

Postby Nos » Fri May 18, 2018 10:02 am

The new one is good too, but I hope there's some different playing on it than that style where the riffs are most interesting for the math of the time signature.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Fri May 18, 2018 10:21 am

introclaus wrote:I thought "Victorious" was a sub-par song for these guys, but the new single "Tiara's Song" is really good. Reminds me of the "Waiting in the Wings" happy prog style ..

*** do....not.....want......Happy Prog Style.........me......want........dramatic Prog Style with serious undertones. No smiley faces.

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Fri May 18, 2018 11:52 am

LarryD wrote:
introclaus wrote:I thought "Victorious" was a sub-par song for these guys, but the new single "Tiara's Song" is really good. Reminds me of the "Waiting in the Wings" happy prog style ..

*** do....not.....want......Happy Prog Style.........me......want........dramatic Prog Style with serious undertones. No smiley faces.

Grumpy old man! Tiara's Song is good.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Fri May 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Mardoch wrote:
LarryD wrote:

Grumpy old man! Tiara's Song is good.

*** I wasn't referring to Tiara's song ... I was referring to Claus' comment that it reminds him of Happy Prog. I do not like Happy Prog - thus I'm a grumpy old man..... :P

ToddS
Site Admin

Postby ToddS » Fri May 18, 2018 12:48 pm

Love Tierra! Reminds of Waiting in the Wings. This record can’t come soon enough.

The guitar / bass break is sweet!

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Fri May 18, 2018 1:24 pm

LarryD wrote:

Problem is that Seventh Wonder doesn't do "dramatic prog" as well as they do "happy prog" in my opinion! So with that in mind, I prefer their happy prog. If you feel that they are better at dramatic stuff, then I understand your opinion. Obviously I think you're wrong, but that's nothing new HAHAHAHA
Claus Jensen

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Fri May 18, 2018 2:04 pm

Problem is that Seventh Wonder doesn't do "dramatic prog" as well as they do "happy prog" in my opinion! So with that in mind, I prefer their happy prog. If you feel that they are better at dramatic stuff, then I understand your opinion. Obviously I think you're wrong, but that's nothing new HAHAHAHA

***Mercy Falls ? Much drama there. Didn't feel happy at all ........ even my wife cries at it ......... :P

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Fri May 18, 2018 3:27 pm

LarryD wrote:

***Mercy Falls ? Much drama there. Didn't feel happy at all ........ even my wife cries at it ......... :P

Don't get me wrong - I love "Mercy Falls". I just think "Waiting in the Wings" is the better album.

Years ago this young band showed up at my apartment, they played me the demos of their new songs, with their new singer - this was Seventh Wonder right after Tommy had joined them. I signed them that day. "Waiting in the Wings" and that "happy prog" style blew me away back then, and still does. This new song is incredible.
Claus Jensen

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Fri May 18, 2018 3:48 pm

introclaus wrote:
LarryD wrote:

Don't get me wrong - I love "Mercy Falls". I just think "Waiting in the Wings" is the better album.

Years ago this young band showed up at my apartment, they played me the demos of their new songs, with their new singer - this was Seventh Wonder right after Tommy had joined them. I signed them that day. "Waiting in the Wings" and that "happy prog" style blew me away back then, and still does. This new song is incredible.

*** I think that WitW being better than MFalls is debatable ..... but I won't argue if you like it better .........we all have our tastes.......... but someday, we will debate that after we have had a few Goldschlagers ............ :P

ToddS
Site Admin

Postby ToddS » Fri May 18, 2018 5:12 pm

I think happy prog is their thing. The music in general has an uplifting vibe. At least for me. Yet, they are so damn catchy that the complexity of it could sneak by unnoticed by the average listener.

However, many of those happy sounding songs, have a dark story to tell. Even on WitW.

Mercy Falls is a bit of an exception to most of their other material in being darker sounding record musically. Of course concept story is dark as well.

Personally they are one of my very favorite bands, and can do no wrong for me. I love all stuff with TK and have a hard time picking a favorite honestly.

arnavut

Postby arnavut » Sat May 19, 2018 11:35 am

Man Of Much Metal wrote:This is in no way a dig at Kamelot, because I've said all I've said on that score...but this is the Tommy that I want to hear - full of passion, individuality and lending his killer pipes to some excellent, intelligent and melodic prog. No-one sounds quite like SW and that's the biggest accolade I can give right now. I'll add my voice to the 'I can't wait' chorus!!

Agree here in terms of Tommy's vocal style. I assumed this is Tommy's vocal style that he was going to bring to Kamelot.
That is what Roy did when he got in Kamelot. It is not just the sound of the voice, The music and especially vocal melodies Kamelot sounded more like Conception since ROy joined Kamelot , than pre Roy Kamelot. The sound of Kamelot is still Roy's Kamlot.
I thought Tommy could evolve Kamelot if he had brought his own vocals instead of singing like Roy's Kemlot.

ToddS
Site Admin

Postby ToddS » Sat May 19, 2018 12:25 pm

arnavut wrote:
Man Of Much Metal wrote:This is in no way a dig at Kamelot, because I've said all I've said on that score...but this is the Tommy that I want to hear - full of passion, individuality and lending his killer pipes to some excellent, intelligent and melodic prog. No-one sounds quite like SW and that's the biggest accolade I can give right now. I'll add my voice to the 'I can't wait' chorus!!

Agree here in terms of Tommy's vocal style. I assumed this is Tommy's vocal style that he was going to bring to Kamelot.
That is what Roy did when he got in Kamelot. It is not just the sound of the voice, The music and especially vocal melodies Kamelot sounded more like Conception since ROy joined Kamelot , than pre Roy Kamelot. The sound of Kamelot is still Roy's Kamlot.
I thought Tommy could evolve Kamelot if he had brought his own vocals instead of singing like Roy's Kemlot.

I agree and couldn’t have said this better. As I said, it’s karaoke Khan. Tommy is one of my very favorite singers, but he just can’t be himself here. :(

Return to “PM: Core”