Conception back with classic line-up!

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

introclaus

Re: Conception back with classic line-up!

Postby introclaus » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:57 am

Packgrog wrote:Largely instrumental ambient progmetal. If Glenn's link doesn't convince you, don't bother with the rest, but I'd be shocked if that didn't do it for you.

Made it thru the album twice now and I absolutely didn’t like it - not horrible but it didn’t do anything for me except making me want to turn it off. Just not a style I enjoy at all (whatever style it is).

I still don’t see how (1) Conception would ever have heard of them and (2) why they would be inspired by it.
Claus Jensen

ToddS
Site Admin

Postby ToddS » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:06 pm

Just a few points.

1. I do think this is on the mellow side (mellower than Flow overall imo), but I'm still loving it!
2. Totally love the Japanese mode Tore uses on The Moment. Very cool and unique song for them. Great stuff!
3. The title track owns! Totally in love with this song!
4. Feather Moves not included on the EP is indeed a bummer.

So good to have Tore back, and Kahn singing something I like is a bonus!
"My songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold"

The Surfing Alien

Postby The Surfing Alien » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:14 pm

it's nice. The weakest of Conception releases IMO, but still great. Some nice melodies in choruses indicate the songwriting well has not run dry yet.
I do hope we'll get a nicely recorded live album/video from this reunion.

Random Axe

Postby Random Axe » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:37 pm

I'm really going to have to spend more time with this one. I really didn't care for any of the songs, but maybe the hype I had in my brain was too much to overcome. I'll rip this and play it in shuffle and see if the songs stand out more on their own than as one package. I just didn't feel the normal Conception energy, but I'm likely alone on this as usual.

Sparky

Postby Sparky » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:31 pm

Sorry, lttp, but Conception (and Kamelot, for that matter) needs to be FAR more than Roy emoting. I have the same problem with Evergrey: yes, we know you have great singers, but kick ass or go home. If you'd have told me Conception would make a comeback without Tore, I'd have told you to get bent, and yet...

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:21 am

Sparky wrote:Sorry, lttp, but Conception (and Kamelot, for that matter) needs to be FAR more than Roy emoting. I have the same problem with Evergrey: yes, we know you have great singers, but kick ass or go home. If you'd have told me Conception would make a comeback without Tore, I'd have told you to get bent, and yet...

Are you drunk? Tore is there ... very much so.

As you said; Conception is about the sum of the parts, not the individuals- and that’s what I love about the new EP. it’s not just Roy’s voice, it’s the awesome bass, the cool drum patterns and that eclectic guitar sound of Tore.
Claus Jensen

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:23 am

How many here did the whole PledgeMusic preorder thing and still haven’t received their stuff? I am seeing people post on the PledgeMusic site about it and I’m beginning to become a bit annoyed myself...
Claus Jensen

GaetanL

Postby GaetanL » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:48 am

introclaus wrote:How many here did the whole PledgeMusic preorder thing and still haven’t received their stuff? I am seeing people post on the PledgeMusic site about it and I’m beginning to become a bit annoyed myself...

I did not order through PledgeMusic. If I remember right it was not possible to order the single CD and the EP CD without ordering the vinyl (I don't need). I ordered the single CD and the EP CD through the band website and I have received both.
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

MitchG

Postby MitchG » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:31 am

introclaus wrote:How many here did the whole PledgeMusic preorder thing and still haven’t received their stuff? I am seeing people post on the PledgeMusic site about it and I’m beginning to become a bit annoyed myself...

I got mine last week.
-MG
"This day is overrated now that I'm awake"

Packgrog

Postby Packgrog » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:09 pm

My vinyl copy of the EP and a t-shirt shipped early this week.

I enjoy the digital download of the EP. I prefer it to Last Sunset, but don't like it as much as the other albums. I have to give it more time, and keep in mind that it's been over 20 freakin' years since Flow, so it's bound to be different.

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:39 pm

Mine was very timely. I think about 5 days after the official release?

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Mardoch wrote:

I did finally get a mail this week that it’s been shipped ... guess the delay is due to the vinyl? Either way, I don’t appreciate the lack of keeping the customers updated - not sure if that’s on the band or on PledgeMusic, but it’s annoying and will probably prevent me from supporting artists this way going forward :(
Claus Jensen

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:42 am

introclaus wrote:
Mardoch wrote:

I did finally get a mail this week that it’s been shipped ... guess the delay is due to the vinyl? Either way, I don’t appreciate the lack of keeping the customers updated - not sure if that’s on the band or on PledgeMusic, but it’s annoying and will probably prevent me from supporting artists this way going forward :(

Judging by the comments on the last update from the campaign your issue is not unique: https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/co ... tes/101905 I wonder if it's just because of holiday clusterfuck shipping or if there was some warehouse problem? I only got the CD, no vinyl. And it's the band's fault for not updating, not Pledge. Kind of a shame cause they were doing a great job with it for a while.

Digital Man

Postby Digital Man » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:12 pm

A similar thing happened to me with the new Kingcrow. I bought it as a part of a pre-order like a year and a half before it was released. The purpose of the early pre-order was to help them fund the recording. Well my copy of the CD didn't arrive until almost a month after the release date. Everyone else who bought it the day it was released was talking about it, but not me. Every day I waited I got less and less excited about the release. By the time it finally arrived, I had lost all motivation to listen to it. I've listened to it a few times and can recognize it's good and very similar to previous releases, but the disk does nothing what-so-ever for me. I'll put it on the shelf and maybe eventually I'll be able to appreciate it.
Güy

Packgrog

Postby Packgrog » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:12 pm

Finally got my vinyl copy on Christmas Eve. Unfortunately it had been packed with the t-shirt I'd ordered as well, and even though the shirt was carefully folded, the vinyl developed a dish warp in transit. Balls.

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:15 am

My vinyl and the CDs arrived on 12/26, and while obviously I'm thrilled to have it, I can't help but being super annoyed by the fact it took so long to get it.

There's a download code within the vinyl ... who cares? I already bought it on iTunes because I couldn't wait.

Ugh ... this is the last time I'll support the bands through those gofundme/pledgemusic/whatevertheyarecalled methods.
Claus Jensen

gazinwales

Postby gazinwales » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:14 pm

I am still waiting for my vinyl to arrive.
No complaints from me, when you sign up for these things, your patience will be tested.
An example is 3 or so years ago I donated to the Moonsorrow doco and it is still nowhere near finished.

introclaus

Postby introclaus » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:31 pm

gazinwales wrote:I am still waiting for my vinyl to arrive.
No complaints from me, when you sign up for these things, your patience will be tested.
An example is 3 or so years ago I donated to the Moonsorrow doco and it is still nowhere near finished.

It's not the fact that you'll have to wait until it's finished - but ONCE it's completed and the rest of the World has it, then you feel cheated that you prepaid for something everybody else already have and you don't.
Claus Jensen

gazinwales

Postby gazinwales » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:08 pm

Well I spoke too soon, my package arrived today and I am pretty happy about it.
I've never felt cheated in an any way at all.
I live in Australia, so I have to wait patiently for anything and everything to arrive here.
Also given that the shipping was delayed, add to that the time of the year and government workers here having extra public holidays, I knew I'd be waiting longer the RoW.

Packgrog

Postby Packgrog » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:28 pm

introclaus wrote:
gazinwales wrote:I am still waiting for my vinyl to arrive.

It's not the fact that you'll have to wait until it's finished - but ONCE it's completed and the rest of the World has it, then you feel cheated that you prepaid for something everybody else already have and you don't.

Presumably only other people that supported the pledge drive got the signed copies. Your lossless digital downloads were be available immediately upon official release.

Return to “PM: Core”