Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

T'ski

New Horizons - Inner Dislocation

Postby T'ski » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:24 am

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: New Horizons - Inner Dislocation

Postby LarryD » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:48 pm

Thanks bro -- will check it out soon ...........

Random Axe

Postby Random Axe » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:58 pm

Sounds pretty terrific. I just ordered!

Hearing Aid Man

New Horizons - Inner Dislocation...

Postby Hearing Aid Man » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:17 pm

Listening to this one & hearing a lot of cool music. Some decent Italian Prog Metal. Check it out...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFyRRv6 ... fU&index=3

T'ski

Re: New Horizons - Inner Dislocation...

Postby T'ski » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:21 pm

should have scrolled to the bottom of the page...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10868

Hearing Aid Man

Re: New Horizons - Inner Dislocation...

Postby Hearing Aid Man » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:23 pm

should have scrolled to the bottom of the page...

Sorry bud - missed it. My bad. :oops:

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:01 pm

I merged the posts ...... if I remember correctly, I checked this out on YouTube, and thought the music was fantastic ..... but I also thought that the singer had bit much of an Italian accent ? Am I right and did anyone else feel this way ?

Hearing Aid Man

Postby Hearing Aid Man » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:35 pm

I merged the posts ...... if I remember correctly, I checked this out on YouTube, and thought the music was fantastic ..... but I also thought that the singer had bit much of an Italian accent ? Am I right and did anyone else feel this way ?

Thanks for the merge. I thought the accent was minimal myself.

Man Of Much Metal

Postby Man Of Much Metal » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Yes, yes, yes...once again this board comes up trumps. This is fantastic, so much so that I have tracked the band down & sent them a message asking if I can get hold of a promo to review it. This needs a wider audience. It may not be the most original music out there, but I love the vibe of this. Thanks so much for the tip - sometimes I miss stuff & I need this board to steer me back in the right direction.

Cheers!
Matt
The Man of Much Metal
The Blog Of Much Metal: https://manofmuchmetal.com/

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Man Of Much Metal wrote:Yes, yes, yes...once again this board comes up trumps. This is fantastic, so much so that I have tracked the band down & sent them a message asking if I can get hold of a promo to review it. This needs a wider audience. It may not be the most original music out there, but I love the vibe of this. Thanks so much for the tip - sometimes I miss stuff & I need this board to steer me back in the right direction.

Cheers!

*** This is exactly why we keep this board going Matt -- when someone discovers a gem because of this board, it makes it all worth it ........ :)

Man Of Much Metal

Postby Man Of Much Metal » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:33 pm

LarryD wrote:
Man Of Much Metal wrote:Yes, yes, yes...once again this board comes up trumps. This is fantastic, so much so that I have tracked the band down & sent them a message asking if I can get hold of a promo to review it. This needs a wider audience. It may not be the most original music out there, but I love the vibe of this. Thanks so much for the tip - sometimes I miss stuff & I need this board to steer me back in the right direction.

Cheers!

*** This is exactly why we keep this board going Matt -- when someone discovers a gem because of this board, it makes it all worth it ........ :)

Amen, Larry, amen!! keep the board alive!
Matt
The Man of Much Metal
The Blog Of Much Metal: https://manofmuchmetal.com/

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:10 am

I played about half of this disc on You tube ...... the music was fantastic, but the singer is just a bit much for me .......much to heavy on the accent, ans sometimes the powerful music just simply overpowers him..... it feels like a discussion we would all have back in 1998-2002 with the slew of Italian prog metal bands we sought out year after year. For me, I still want to listen to this style of music - even though would call it "old school" prog .... these guys can play !!!!!! The ballad he sang was really well done, but when the real prog kicked in, the accent just got to me in the end ........ :cry:

LASERCD

Postby LASERCD » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:53 pm

LarryD wrote:I played about half of this disc on You tube ...... the music was fantastic, but the singer is just a bit much for me .......much to heavy on the accent, ans sometimes the powerful music just simply overpowers him..... it feels like a discussion we would all have back in 1998-2002 with the slew of Italian prog metal bands we sought out year after year. For me, I still want to listen to this style of music - even though would call it "old school" prog .... these guys can play !!!!!! The ballad he sang was really well done, but when the real prog kicked in, the accent just got to me in the end ........ :cry:

Larry is kray kray. This band pushes the right buttons. Singer has a bit of an accent. They all do. The music is fierce and there are loooong instrumental breaks. This board was built on a foundatation of bands like New Horizons.

We still have stock but the pile keeps dwindling. Just sayin’ :D

https://www.lasercd.com/cd/inner-dislocation

Scott B

Postby Scott B » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:37 am

Damn. If only this were being released on vinyl.

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:55 pm

Definitely like what I hear in the one track I checked out. Gonna have to add this to the buy list.

Return to “PM: Core”