Kickstarter project from Chris Roy ........

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

Kickstarter project from Chris Roy ........

Postby LarryD » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:54 pm

So glad to hear that there are still so many who like to hold a physical product, read lyrics, read thank you lists and look over the art, while listening and absorbing it. For me, the allure was all part of the history and magic of a new album/CD right down to the smell of fresh ink/paper.
With that, it's harder than ever to get physical product to the fan without 10 middle-men making imported or limited-edition, collectable CDs too expensive. With that, I hope you might take a moment to look through our CD Package Pre-Order Campaign which make it more affordable to put together truly unique packages of cool, limited edition, hand-numbered and even signed items. Instead of running a crowdfunding donation campaign, we thought it made more sense for everyone to do a CD Package Pre-Order Campaign through Kickstarter. The challenges were: we wanted it mastered by someone who understands the genre and sound of progressive/power/thrash metal, so Chris "Zuess" Harris (Queensryche, Iced Earth, Sanctuary) came to mind. Ironically, I grew up with the guys in Reading Zero playing a club in Western MA that his band also frequented, so we had quite a few friends in common. We recently upgraded our studio, so that we could do even more of the pre-production and production work ourselves (Something Reading Zero was not quite able to do at the time of Satellite Sessions), so to test it, we wanted to use a song or songs that we already knew could sound better from a production standpoint, was highly unlikely to be done by another band and was an influence on us. We decided on a medley of 2 of our favorite early thrash era songs by a band that is seldom given the respect that it deserved, Flotsam & Jetsam. To do so properly, we want to make sure all of the publishing is paid and properly done, so that our tribute also benefits them. Then of course, there is the layout design and manufacturing costs.
Kickstarter is an ALL OR NOTHING, platform meaning, if we don't hit at least our first tier goal ($4,800), then the money is never collected from those that pledged and the band is given nothing towards their release, BUT if it is funded, it puts the band in a much better position to do it all quickly and correctly. After all of that and some life-long friends I've made from the original Perpetual Motion Board, here is the link to our CD Preorder and I hope I can count on some of you to lend some support and get the word out to others to do the same.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ve ... eorder-pac

Cheers,
Chris Roy (Chris-RZ, "Croy")

PS. You Rule and Thank You!

Random Axe

Re: Kickstarter project from Chris Roy ........

Postby Random Axe » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Link doesnt seem to work. I'd like to cjeck this out nut I'm getting a 404.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:44 am

Scott---

It didn't work for me either, and I tried it multiple ways ...... I did get an email from Chris, I'll get the correct link from him and post it ............thanks.

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:09 am

I tried to find it via searching in various ways on KS and with DDG and with the available details it's a no go.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:50 am

Testofwills

Postby Testofwills » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:53 pm

yeah I tried as well from the other board but it didn't have a Canada in the list of countries :shock:
as well when you click on a reward it dosent open...they sure aren't making this easy :P

Return to “PM: Core”