Board vs. Facebook

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

Sparky

Board vs. Facebook

Postby Sparky » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:21 pm

Have we talked about the duality of our little community? I know some/a lot of folks here don't appear to be over on the PM group on Facebook. Not sure if it works the other way, but I imagine there are a few folks there that aren't here.

I'm not arguing for one format/platform or another, just finding PM's multiple personalities to be...hmm...
I'll be the judge of what's good and what isn't, thank you... ;)

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: Board vs. Facebook

Postby LarryD » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:28 am

Rather than going thru this all over again, you can read it all here......

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10754&p=68946&hilit=Facebook#p68946

Sparky

Postby Sparky » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:34 am

LarryD wrote:Rather than going thru this all over again, you can read it all here......

My bad. Thanks.
I'll be the judge of what's good and what isn't, thank you... ;)

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:58 am

Sparky wrote:
LarryD wrote:Rather than going thru this all over again, you can read it all here......

My bad. Thanks.

***Mike - your opinion is certainly welcome on the subject ....... you must have missed the original discussion when this happened, but feel free to post your thoughts.....it's never too late.

In a nutshell - I personally don't use Facebook, so whatever is going on over there on that page I don't know. Before that page was created, I was asked by several people if I would consider doing that very thing as message boards are apparently obsolete. I was also asked by many to keep this board going - so that part was easy. As long as there are a few readers here, and we can share some great music, I'll keep it going for as long as .......

Stevie WOnder

Postby Stevie WOnder » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:27 pm

The novelty act of the FB page has vanished pretty quickly for me. It's nice to have but I'm still reading this board more often. Easier to sift thru the posts and my interests although time is scarce for me lately.
"Manowar rules!!!" - Larry D

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:53 am

Sorry if this comes off as hostile..(not to anyone here or this board.
Just me venting)
But a certain piece of shit that posts on PMX apatently has a fb account and is in that group...someone who apparently has had it out for me since I came into this scene that has "casually observed " for a long time...
Because all of a sudden somebody started making fake profiles of me tl.mess with the models I shoot with and make me come off as a huge creep and worse (he gave himself
Away when he posted a meme of my profile pic with some thing really degrading on it in his signature until he probadly realized it was a give away)
So far no damage has been done to my rep...but what he is doing has crossed the line from being a troll to...basicly cyber terrorism/bullying by messing with my career in this way
Deke is useless and won't help me track down who this is (apparently his IP is from AU..though some of his posts suspiciously sound like another person I have had issues with that knows how to spoof IPs..)..

What he is doing is against the law in Australia (if he even lives there)

Needless to say I have no use for that page...
Tarja is a female woman

elendil

Postby elendil » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:22 pm

That's horrible. Social media is literally the devil, and not the good kind. :twisted:

I got on FB in 2006 when it was just opening up to nonstudents. I hate it now and stay away. Nothing more than arguing about politics, memes, and people bragging about their lives. Thank goodness for this board.

Return to “PM: Core”