DISTANT DREAM / It all Starts from Pieces......

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

DISTANT DREAM / It all Starts from Pieces......

Postby LarryD » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:39 am

Have not seen this instrumental project talked about here, unless I missed it ...... Glenn has been getting me into more and more instrumental music, and I came across this project in the search. Seems to be a one man project, you can stream it here:

https://distantdream.bandcamp.com/album ... rom-pieces

Those of you looking for instrumentals but aren't really into them totally should look here...... it's like a cross between dreamy Riverside and maybe Widek, and the project seems to be produced by the band Widek so you have an idea of what you're getting..... most every song starts with a dreamy Riverside-like intro, and then blasts into the main chorus with semi-distorted guitars and out of this world melodies......just what the Dr. for wimps like me who need those melodies in instrumentals to keep me glued to the music. This is about as perfect as it gets for me in the world of instrumentals .......

Looks like the dude has 2 other discs - from 2005 and 2008 and now this one.......

outprogged42

Re: DISTANT DREAM / It all Starts from Pieces......

Postby outprogged42 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:58 pm

This is basically a proggier Widek and so fans of Widek will like this, and non-fans probably won't. Although I do tend to prefer Widek's bigger keyboard arrangements.

Mardoch

Postby Mardoch » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:35 am

This is good. It's the kind of thing I tend to listen to when I need to puzzle my way through stuff at work.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:14 am

First thing I did when I got up this morning, is throw this on again ......... this is right up my alley. A perfect blend of melodies and beauty while being heavy at the same time..... its got that dreamy feeling to it, and it always kicks in with those semi-distorted / heavy / guitars....... this guy has it down perfectly. Going to check out his other discs soon......the year is starting off nicely I'd say - for everyone it seems......

Return to “PM: Core”