Bjorn Riis - Coming Home - a new EP!

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

Man Of Much Metal

Bjorn Riis - Coming Home - a new EP!

Postby Man Of Much Metal » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:15 pm

Hi All,

I wasn't expecting anything new from the Airbag guitarist/songwriter, but a new mini-album is welcome news. Out on 23 Feb, I have written a review for anyone who's interested:

https://manofmuchmetal.com/2018/01/15/b ... ep-review/

Cheers,
Matt
Matt
The Man of Much Metal
The Blog Of Much Metal: https://manofmuchmetal.com/

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: Bjorn Riis - Coming Home - a new EP!

Postby LarryD » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:35 am

Very welcome news indeed...... I'll read your review, but I do hope that this mini-disc is much better than his recent full length ........ that one was a huge disappointment.

Man Of Much Metal

Postby Man Of Much Metal » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:20 pm

LarryD wrote:Very welcome news indeed...... I'll read your review, but I do hope that this mini-disc is much better than his recent full length ........ that one was a huge disappointment.

Really Larry, I'm surprised you say that - I really liked it. I hope you like this mini album more in that case.
Matt
The Man of Much Metal

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am

Matt --

I think that you, me and Stevie are the only 3 guys in the world who know who Bjorn Reis is ....... :wink: Well almost ........ his first solo effort was fantastic. It cold have been the next Airbag release, which it should have been because I thought Disconnected was awful.

That said - Bjorn's last release sounded like it was recorded in a garage, and had none of the melodies and emotions of his first solo disc. I actually put it on the shelf of no return after about 3-4 listens. That means - there is no coming back. Once on the shelf of no return, the disc never appears again in my house. I don't know where it goes, but it goes. ( No I do not throw discs out in the garbage ).

Not sure why he is releasing an EP - I'll bet that market is so small, only you, me and Stevie will know about this one ........ He and Airbag need to come back with WOW discs to draw me back in .......fingers crossed.

Man Of Much Metal

Postby Man Of Much Metal » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:02 pm

LarryD wrote:Matt --

I think that you, me and Stevie are the only 3 guys in the world who know who Bjorn Reis is ....... :wink: Well almost ........ his first solo effort was fantastic. It cold have been the next Airbag release, which it should have been because I thought Disconnected was awful.

That said - Bjorn's last release sounded like it was recorded in a garage, and had none of the melodies and emotions of his first solo disc. I actually put it on the shelf of no return after about 3-4 listens. That means - there is no coming back. Once on the shelf of no return, the disc never appears again in my house. I don't know where it goes, but it goes. ( No I do not throw discs out in the garbage ).

Not sure why he is releasing an EP - I'll bet that market is so small, only you, me and Stevie will know about this one ........ He and Airbag need to come back with WOW discs to draw me back in .......fingers crossed.

If the discs on your shelf of no return happened to find their way to the UK, I'd happily give them a home :wink:

I'm just a sucker for Riis' guitar playing, it is so emotive. But I agree, I'm really looking forward to the next Airbag album which I hope will be out of this world!
Matt
The Man of Much Metal

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:17 pm

Just pulled out the Bjorn Reis solo disc out of the "lost" pile based on your enthusiasm...... I'll play it one more time to make sure........ send me a private email Matt when you get a chance ..........

Stevie WOnder

Postby Stevie WOnder » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:38 pm

Ugh... Wasn't a fan of his last effort as the big melodies of the debut Lullubies were gone.

With the colder sound you're talking about, I'm thinking I won't like this one either. :(
"Manowar rules!!!" - Larry D

Return to “PM: Core”