Search found 0 matches: Huis

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

GaetanL

Search found 0 matches: Huis

Postby GaetanL » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:31 am

Larry, looks like your posts about the band Huis are already gone... Anyway, I remember it was positive and since I like very much the band Mystery... I'll probably blind purchase their 2 CDs... I'm waiting for a big order directly from the band Galahad but I have not received the order yet. But now I just saw that Huis is giving a concert in March in Quebec City. So I may check Huis before Galahad... By the way, by reading the text about Huis on the ticket vendor site, they say that Huis is having a new album coming in 2018... :D
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: Search found 0 matches: Huis

Postby LarryD » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:21 am

Gaetan...... You are very observant. I purged the board a few weeks ago of any posts that hadn't been answered in the last 180 days....... Huis is,excellent, and if u can do so, see,them live....... I,got the latest Huis at The Lasers Edge but I didn't check stock on it....... Ill email you when I get home........ Looking forward to,their new,one.........

elendil

Postby elendil » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Oh man, sucks you're having storage issues, Larry. A few months back I went through past posts on this board to find out what I missed in 2016. I for one place a nontrivial value on having access to forum archives.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:20 am

elendil wrote:Oh man, sucks you're having storage issues, Larry. A few months back I went through past posts on this board to find out what I missed in 2016. I for one place a nontrivial value on having access to forum archives.

***Actually -- there is no problem with storage here on the board ....... I only prune the board about every 6 months to keep a neat house and make sure that the storage issue never happens ........ but that's just me. I just figure that if no one responds to a post in the last 6 months, there was no interest generated, and I delete it. I know lots of people want to dig back and see things, but in reality, it's just a dead post with no responses. I use a 240-day prune, figuring that's enough for someone to look something up only to find nothing was answered on it.

I know some people in the past have complained that there post had been deleted -- but in all fairness, the post was 240 days old with no response. Not a big deal I understand...... maybe I'll just leave things alone in 2018 and see how it goes.

I am behind one or two updates on the actual PhPbb board format itself - maybe more ..... but getting to this particular upgrade was a bitch and a half with the company I deal with ....... so I'm pretty scared to upgrade again. Like lots of people say, don't fix what isn't broke .... but I'm glad I did this one ........

Thanks for your input -- and thanks for hanging out and posting ........ I do appreciate it much .......... :)

GaetanL

Postby GaetanL » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:16 pm

In my opinion maybe just delete any post older than for example 5 years with answers or not. Maybe this can be done automatically? It's just text and images are links, not the image itself, so I guess it don't takes a lot of space on disk...
Gaétan

Random Axe

Postby Random Axe » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:41 pm

I missed the thread initially but just checked three minutes worth of an album sample and I'm ready to order! But, Amazon is selling cdrs??? Giess maybe I'll contact the band...sounds great!

elendil

Postby elendil » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:42 am

LarryD wrote:
elendil wrote:Oh man, sucks you're having storage issues, Larry. A few months back I went through past posts on this board to find out what I missed in 2016. I for one place a nontrivial value on having access to forum archives.

***Actually -- there is no problem with storage here on the board ....... I only prune the board about every 6 months to keep a neat house and make sure that the storage issue never happens ........ but that's just me. I just figure that if no one responds to a post in the last 6 months, there was no interest generated, and I delete it. I know lots of people want to dig back and see things, but in reality, it's just a dead post with no responses. I use a 240-day prune, figuring that's enough for someone to look something up only to find nothing was answered on it.

I know some people in the past have complained that there post had been deleted -- but in all fairness, the post was 240 days old with no response. Not a big deal I understand...... maybe I'll just leave things alone in 2018 and see how it goes.

I am behind one or two updates on the actual PhPbb board format itself - maybe more ..... but getting to this particular upgrade was a bitch and a half with the company I deal with ....... so I'm pretty scared to upgrade again. Like lots of people say, don't fix what isn't broke .... but I'm glad I did this one ........

Thanks for your input -- and thanks for hanging out and posting ........ I do appreciate it much .......... :)

Thanks, Larry (and for the explanation). If there's a need to revisit an old topic, can always just start a new thread after all.

GaetanL

Postby GaetanL » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:31 pm

I now have their 2 CDs and I like this! I would say the first album is very good and the second is excellent but not as good as Mystery - Delusion Rain.
Some passages of the second album reminds me the album Sparrows by The Barstool Philosophers.
Gaétan

Random Axe

Postby Random Axe » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:55 pm

Yeah, I just got those today as well. Havent yet played but the samples I heard were outstanding.

Return to “PM: Core”