WIDEK / Hidden Impressions .... Instrumental Prog.

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

Site Admin

WIDEK / Hidden Impressions .... Instrumental Prog.

Postby LarryD » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:56 pm

We touched on this one-man band a bit some time ago ........but no one ever really touted it much. I'm not one for instrumentals, unless they are of the utmost quality (think Joseph Magazine for me), and this guy has it going on ....... looks like his 6th release, and I'm just now hearing about him, compliments of Glenn.......

This is really bad ass prog metal instrumental at it's best........ I tend to fizzle out of instrumentals about 4 to 5 songs deep ....... this guy just keeps me enthralled and interested with his talent and melodies while keeping it bad ass Prog....... check this out when you can. If you are into Prog instrumentals, this should rank up high for you....... quality.

Re: WIDEK / Hidden Impressions .... Instrumental Prog.

Postby Mardoch » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:11 am

Yep, he's the real deal. A lot of his contemporaries are as well: Sithu Aye, Plini, David Maxim Micic, Jakub Zytecki, Aaron Marshall (Intervals). There's so much amazing instrumetal out there right now.

Postby outprogged42 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:24 am

I have all of his full-lengths and I'm going to buy them until his shtick runs thin. I love his combination of spacey djent riffing with spacey guitar-delay arpeggios and spacey synth work. If you haven't guessed, the atmosphere is very spacey and, despite being metal influenced, rather placid and soothing. I find it quite uplifting to listen to this and imagine the vast universe.

From a technical and mixing standpoint this is his strongest release yet. I still might prefer Journey to the Stars musically, though.

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:17 am

Love Widek
It's right up my alley...spacey atmospheric new age djent styled prog metal
Tarja is a female woman

Return to “PM: Core”