David Gilmour releases another concert......

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

David Gilmour releases another concert......

Postby LarryD » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:39 am

https://www.amazon.com/Live-Pompeii-Blu ... op?ie=UTF8

Always a great thing when David Gilmour releases a show ...... cannot wait to get this, although it's a little expensive. Tough to read that the surround sound 5.1 mix has bass issues, but they say that the PCM mode does not. Not a good thing for a guy like me who lives for 5.1, but I'm buying anyway. In all honesty, how many more shows does this guy have left in him ? Looks like a great set list too ........

Sir Exar Kun

Re: David Gilmour releases another concert......

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:26 am

Is it sad that I get more excited about David Gilmour live releases than I do for a new studio effort? His live albums are all must-own material, as they carry the true magic of Pink Floyd. His new solo material is still just a shell of that.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:05 am

Sir Exar Kun wrote:Is it sad that I get more excited about David Gilmour live releases than I do for a new studio effort? His live albums are all must-own material, as they carry the true magic of Pink Floyd. His new solo material is still just a shell of that.

*** I absolutely agree and subscribe to your thoughts....... Its pretty expensive at $26, but David Gilmour has always been a blind buy for me....... However, I went to pull the plug on it, and started reading the reviews on it.... Not liking what I'm reading...... Sound issues, band issues, lighting issues and more.......they say David looks completely tired and bored....... Not good reviews.......still, it might be his last release on DVD, so I may just hit the button anyway.........

Sir Exar Kun

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:17 am

*** I absolutely agree and subscribe to your thoughts....... Its pretty expensive at $26, but David Gilmour has always been a blind buy for me....... However, I went to pull the plug on it, and started reading the reviews on it.... Not liking what I'm reading...... Sound issues, band issues, lighting issues and more.......they say David looks completely tired and bored....... Not good reviews.......still, it might be his last release on DVD, so I may just hit the button anyway.........

Somehow I'd expect to see this show pop up on PBS or Palladium sometime in the near future, so can preview before buying. It also makes for an easy "X-mas list" item too!
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

gazinwales

Postby gazinwales » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:37 pm

I bought the deluxe edition box, 2 BR and 2 CD.
Excellent so far the bonus stuff is great, specially the BBC Wider Horizons documentary that I've watched on YT a couple of times.
$26 for a BR still very cheap compared to AU prices.

Return to “PM: Core”