Postby Chris R » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:55 pm

https://youtu.be/WibnqJj3OTc
For those that like tbe lighter/ambient side of Riverside

Love it
Tarja is a female woman

outprogged42

Re: New Lunatic Soul

Postby outprogged42 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:36 pm

This is the best thing I've ever heard with the Lunatic Soul name on it. It's actually pushing towards Riverside territory in the wider use of rock instrumentation and beats (the title track could have been on Rapid Eye Movement, even the bass tone is the same), and the electronic influence is beautifully integrated into that framework. "Blood on the Tightrope," "Red Light Escape," "Fractured" and "A Thousand Shards of Heaven" are prime cuts.

Then, lyrically, this is profoundly cathartic material as it deals with depression, loss, and inner conflict of the likes that occurs when you lose your father and your best friend in the same year. When I heard about the subject matter I knew this one would be not just a winner musically, but a punch in the gut.

Well, it's both.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:33 am

I'm going to have to try this band again ..... the weird thing is, this is something I should love, but any LS discs I've tried didn't do it for me. Maybe it's time I go back and try again .......

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:57 am

outprogged42 wrote:This is the best thing I've ever heard with the Lunatic Soul name on it. It's actually pushing towards Riverside territory in the wider use of rock instrumentation and beats (the title track could have been on Rapid Eye Movement, even the bass tone is the same), and the electronic influence is beautifully integrated into that framework. "Blood on the Tightrope," "Red Light Escape," "Fractured" and "A Thousand Shards of Heaven" are prime cuts.

Then, lyrically, this is profoundly cathartic material as it deals with depression, loss, and inner conflict of the likes that occurs when you lose your father and your best friend in the same year. When I heard about the subject matter I knew this one would be not just a winner musically, but a punch in the gut.

Well, it's both.

This to me is a Riverside disk in feel and sound..albeit their more ambient side..
The other Lunatic Soul disks were ok but this is something special..
It's almost a perfect followup to last year's instrumental electronic disk..
And my confidence is high hearing this that the next Riverside disk is going to be just fine
Tarja is a female woman

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:59 am

LarryD wrote:I'm going to have to try this band again ..... the weird thing is, this is something I should love, but any LS discs I've tried didn't do it for me. Maybe it's time I go back and try again .......

Same here with their previous ones...this one blew me away just with the song I posted above...it's much better ...
I highly recommend it
Tarja is a female woman

Return to “PM: Core”